PDA

View Full Version : Advice and Help Needed

felada
08-05-2010, 05:15 AM
I post mainly on the pre-war board but have a memorabilia related issue that I was hoping to get members feedback on.

I had plans to take my niece and nephew to a Yankees game this week. Since this was their first ever Yankees game I called up Steiner and asked to purchase the lineup card for the game. The lineup card was available and Steiner pre-sold the lineup card to me. I received the email confirmation and my credit card was immediately charge. The email states all sales final, no refunds or exchanges. Well the game happened to be yesterday, the game Arod hits #600. I now feel that Steiner will not follow through on the sale. I tried to contact them yesterday afternoon and was told they needed to call me right back. The call never came.

My question for the legal eagles and board members is what exactly are my rights? When they charged my credit card is that equivalent to a contract that they must now fulfill? Is Steiner now allowed to say "hey something cool happened so we are not going to give you the lineup card" "or now you have to pay more money for it.

GrayGhost
08-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Im not a legal eagle, but hope you get the lineup card. They may wrangle around, and try and give you another game, and maybe some other item(s) to make up the difference. IMO, unless Steiner had a disclaimer saying that the price is subject to change, due to circumstance, or w/e, then you should get the A Rod Lineup card for what they charged you, especially w the all sales final deal. Let us know how you make out, good luck!

D. Bergin
08-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Cool deal. I hope you get your card.

I assume it's possible somebody in the clubhouse could have hijacked the card after the fact because of the magnitude of the event and not caring what sort of deal Steiner had in place with the Yankees.

I would think A-Rod himself, or maybe even Girardi would get first crack at something like this.

It does seem odd Steiner would charge your credit card for something like that before they even had it in hand. If anything they should have just authorized the charge.

mcgwirecom
08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
wouldn't surprise me if you do get it. I know that back in 1998 Tony LaRussa would keep more than one card so he could sell them for his charity. I think on Ripkens 2131 game there were more than one floating around.

FUBAR
08-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Heck of a first game btw