PDA

View Full Version : Please Help 19century Baseball "Magic Lantern Slide" possible Cincinnati Team?

smokelessjoe
07-30-2010, 08:35 PM
I am hoping someone can help with identification of this baseball team or perhaps has seen the building in the back ground. The images below are a "Magic Lantern Slide".... Has anyone seen another 19century Lantern Slide picturing a baseball club or team or whatever this is before? Also, I was told that this may be a ball field located in Cincinnati, Ohio? Any info or help is much appreciated.

Also the Lantern Slide is viewable from both sides, so I have included an image of the opposite side...reversed

Maybe someone will recognize one of these guys!

Thank you,

smokelessjoe
08-02-2010, 06:55 AM
After looking closely, it appears that the letters on the jerseys are "SAW". If I look at the reversed image it almost looks like "AEW"??? I know it is a shot in the dark, but it is worth a try:)

The letters are written as follows: Two small letters above a Large W.

sa
W

ae
W

smokelessjoe
08-05-2010, 08:19 AM
Ok Ok so I know I am grasping for straws here but I put the Lantern Slide down on a light table this morning and got out the Loupe... I am fairly certain now that the letters on the Jerseys are ACW with a small "a" and "c" over a large "W". Could this be the Washington Association Club? I can find allot of info on the Cincinnati Association Club but not much on the Washington club?? I did find this Miah Murray card with the Washington Statesmen is the closest thing I could find.