PDA

View Full Version : How to know a Net54baseball.com member at the National

Leon
07-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Thanks to Chris "Bubba" Lamb, one of our esteemed members, I will have 75 of these pins at the National to give out. I have told 2 people I will reserve them one but I don't want to reserve anymore. It will be first come first served and they will be at my table. I will try to post my table # (setting up with Scott B and Richard M) before I leave on Wed. morning. The pins will be there and the only requirement is that if you take one, you will wear it at the National. They are really nice and fairly small, so aren't too gaudy. If anyone needs any of this kind of a pin (any design is probably possible) please email me and I will hook you up with Chris's contact info. They really came out nice and are very much appreciated. (quarter not included :)) regards

Rich Klein
07-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Just to get one of those pins :)

Rich

sayhey24
07-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Leon,

Can I reserve one of those quarters?

Greg

iggyman
07-30-2010, 07:17 PM
Perhaps, if we all wore it with this shirt.....

then we really would be representing.

Lovely Day...

07-30-2010, 09:13 PM
Perhaps, if we all wore it with this shirt.....

then we really would be representing.

Lovely Day...

But I don't wanna be a pirate!

Jewish-collector
07-30-2010, 09:43 PM
In all seriousness, the idea of bright or florescent shirts (like a sports team gives out) would really work if Net54 members actually wore them. Maybe Leon can get a sponsor for those. The front would say "Net54" and the back would be advertising for an auction company. :D

toppcat
07-31-2010, 07:01 AM
I won't be there until Friday-hope one remains....

Leon
07-31-2010, 07:18 AM
I won't be there until Friday-hope one remains....

Dave- there will be...Just make sure you find me...I should be easy to locate......take care

Rob D.
07-31-2010, 08:28 AM
In all seriousness, the idea of bright or florescent shirts (like a sports team gives out) would really work if Net54 members actually wore them. Maybe Leon can get a sponsor for those. The front would say "Net54" and the back would be advertising for an auction company. :D

Maybe instead of wearing bright T-shirts, Net54 members could dress up as their favorite ballplayers or sports figures. I know that at Comic-Con, many attendees wear costumes of their favorite characters. So instead of the Green Lantern and Chewbacca walking around the Baltimore Convention Center, it could be Ty Cobb and George Steinbrenner (condolences to the Steinbrenner family, the Yankees and Major League Baseball, by the way).

Everyone could post in a thread who they plan to be, then we could create a "roster" that could be used to identify members. Now, who wants to be Hal Chase? I've got dibs on Mary Pickford.

botn
07-31-2010, 08:47 AM
and George Steinbrenner (condolences to the Steinbrenner family, the Yankees and Major League Baseball, by the way).

Didn't George have friends too?

Jim VB
07-31-2010, 09:03 AM
Didn't George have friends too?

Tsk. Tsk.

Heartless.

Jim VB
07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Maybe instead of wearing bright T-shirts, Net54 members could dress up as their favorite ballplayers or sports figures. I know that at Comic-Con, many attendees wear costumes of their favorite characters. So instead of the Green Lantern and Chewbacca walking around the Baltimore Convention Center, it could be Ty Cobb and George Steinbrenner (condolences to the Steinbrenner family, the Yankees and Major League Baseball, by the way).

Everyone could post in a thread who they plan to be, then we could create a "roster" that could be used to identify members. Now, who wants to be Hal Chase? I've got dibs on Mary Pickford.

Here's what I think on this subject. Shirts are tough, especially if it's hot out. I know, personally, I just can't wear the same T-shirt more than 3 days in a row. Costumes seems a little over the top for me, but that's just me.

I was thinking...

HATS!

HercDriver
07-31-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm just going to lurk at the table and wait to see how many pins Bruce picks up...

Take Care,
Geno

Rob D.
07-31-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm just going to lurk at the table and wait to see how many pins Bruce picks up...

Take Care,
Geno

I was thinking of a contest trying to guess the date when the first pin shows up on the B/S/T. Or eBay.

FUBAR
07-31-2010, 12:56 PM
Leon

If you have one pin left over after the Nat, i would love to have one.

Jim

P.S. - I'll pass on the "hat"

Leon
07-31-2010, 01:52 PM
Leon

If you have one pin left over after the Nat, i would love to have one.

Jim

P.S. - I'll pass on the "hat"

Jim- send me your address (leonl@flash.net) and I will put one in the mail for you. Frequent contributors get special treatment :).
To any one else- If you have over approximately 500 posts on the board, and want one, send me your address.....regards

calvindog
07-31-2010, 02:16 PM
I was thinking of a contest trying to guess the date when the first pin shows up on the B/S/T. Or eBay.

That pin will be my favorite alltime possession.

(Please check BST in 5...4...3...2...)

Rich Klein
07-31-2010, 03:15 PM
So save me one neighbor :p

Matt
07-31-2010, 08:06 PM

I claim Rob D! Anyone have a snazzy looking pair of glasses laying around to help with the costume?

rc4157
07-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Man, I'm going to have to really get busy to reach 500!!:D
Wish I could make it again this year but it doesn't look like it's going to work out. Everyone have a good time.
RC

iggyman
07-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Jim- send me your address (leonl@flash.net) and I will put one in the mail for you. Frequent contributors get special treatment :).
To any one else- If you have over approximately 500 posts on the board, and want one, send me your address.....regards

Leon, how do you spell approximately? I could easily reach "500+" in the next few hours (oh, the tales I could re-hash with Archive). Lucky for you I have standards, and speaking as myself..........it's more about quality then quantity, plus size doesn't matter (oh wait, wrong thread).

Lovely Day...

Rob D.
07-31-2010, 08:59 PM
... plus size doesn't matter (oh wait, wrong thread).

Lovely Day...

Maybe the wrong message board, too?

autograf
08-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Maybe a good way to recognize members would be the secret network 54 handshake that begins with both middle fingers extended.....

Jim VB
08-01-2010, 06:34 AM
Maybe a good way to recognize members would be the secret network 54 handshake that begins with both middle fingers extended.....

I grew up in NYC. Don't you only do that when driving?

toppcat
08-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Dave- there will be...Just make sure you find me...I should be easy to locate......take care

Leon-I am absolutely looking forward to seeing/meeting you and everyone else at the National-Should arrive Friday about 11 AM and get in almost all of Saturday as well.

Exhibitman
08-01-2010, 08:01 AM
I have an idea for a sponsor for the T-shirts for this year's show, one with potential practical utility for certain personages in the Hobby:

http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sportsbeacon/bad-news-bears-cap1.jpg

jmk59
08-01-2010, 08:30 AM

Some day ... somewhere ... I will be sitting in some random meeting and burst out giggling at a totally inappropriate moment because I thought of this post. Probably this week, I'm guessing.

HAH!

Sorry I can't make National this year. I will go from sorry to distraught if I miss out on a neon T-shirt.

J

calvindog
08-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I have an idea for a sponsor for the T-shirts for this year's show, one with potential practical utility for certain personages in the Hobby:

http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com/sportsbeacon/bad-news-bears-cap1.jpg

Good point. A bail bondsman could make out like a Mastro principle if he passed out business cards at the National.

Jewish-collector
08-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Leon-I am absolutely looking forward to seeing/meeting you and everyone else at the National-Should arrive Friday about 11 AM and get in almost all of Saturday as well.

Dave - See you Friday. Have a safe trip from the south !!!

ChiefBenderForever
08-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Going thursday and friday, if you start getting low before thursday afternoon please set one aside for me I need one for my Bender collection !!

tbob
08-02-2010, 10:41 AM
Is anyone from this Board going to the super secret invite only meeting at the National? It sure would be interesting to be a fly on the wall :rolleyes:

barrysloate
08-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I imagine it won't take long for news of what the meeting was about to circulate. Maybe not as it's going on, but probably by the next day.

Anthony S.
08-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Is anyone from this Board going to the super secret invite only meeting at the National? It sure would be interesting to be a fly on the wall :rolleyes:

No, but I'll handing out "Save the Whales" buttons in the doorway leading into the meeting.

barrysloate
08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
No, but I'll handing out "Save the Whales" buttons in the doorway leading into the meeting.

A clever play on words Anthony...well done.

Jewish-collector
08-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Only if there's food. :D