PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this ebay seller?

quinnsryche
07-29-2010, 09:26 AM
A little help please. Has anyone ever had any dealings withan ebay seller that goes by misterinvestor? I am trying to set up an off site trade and just wanted to know if any board members have had any dealings with them (it's 2 guys according to the listing). It's for a T3 Lajoie SGC 40 from them and $650 cash and a t206 Lajoie portrait SGC 40 from me. I would appreciate any input on the trade itself if you have an opinion (this is the largest deal I have ever made monetarily and am a bit jittery).
Thanks much, Tony.

vintagetoppsguy
07-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Kind of sounds like Mr. Baseball Cards

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=125716

Matthew H
07-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I have only traded locally. How does an online trade work? Who sends the card first? You guys don't even know each other, how will you work that out?

quinnsryche
07-29-2010, 02:20 PM
I will have to send first since he is the established seller (although I am also, but am the "buyer" in this case. I have never had a problem doing this and hope to say the same after this one too.

alanu
07-29-2010, 02:38 PM
If you are really concerned about the trade, I think the best way to get some reassurance is thru a telephone conversation.

Bilko G
07-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I have only traded locally. How does an online trade work? Who sends the card first? You guys don't even know each other, how will you work that out?

Online trades all work on the honesty factor. Usually on forums, like this one, over the years you become familiar with the members and you find out which ones are trust worthy. Some forums even have a feedback option (similar to ebay), so you can at least do a little research on your trading partner and see how many successful online deals they have done.

Another way of trading online, especially in larger deals like Quinnsryche is involved in, is having a middleman involved where both trading parties will send their ends of the trade to the middleman (usually a forum moderator or a well known and trusted senior member). Once the middleman receives both parties packages, he will then check the contents to ensure both sides have sent the correct cards and then he will go out and mail the packages to the respective parties. Having a trusted "middleman" is usually the safest, best and most worry free way of making a large $$$ deal, especially if the two trading parties do not know each other or have not yet built up their reputations.