PDA

View Full Version : Huggins and Scott winnings 7/28/10

Leon
07-29-2010, 07:15 AM
I have had my eye on one of these, that a major dealer has, for about 3 yrs. He has a price of about $1400 on it and I never wanted to pay that much. So I can put this one to bed now.....And picked up one other card for resale but this is for the collection....Anyone else snag anything?

dstudeba
07-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Great card Leon, I have never seen that one before!

Matthew H
07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Nice! Were those issued as strips with bread? Do you think they cut them first and gave just one?

Leon
07-29-2010, 01:04 PM
This is just a guess but I would guess they were made as strips first. Then cut up and passed out with loaves of bread and maybe even put in with them. There are quite a few different stamps on the backs of strip cards. I really enjoy collecting them.....here are a few others that have been shown before but go along with it...

http://luckeycards.com/pwuncx4.jpg

ValKehl
07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
that I have one type card that is missing from Leon's fabulous type-card collection! :(
When I first saw this card in the H&S auction catalog, I had no doubt where it was headed to - Congratulations!
Val

Matthew H
07-29-2010, 11:56 PM
Yours is great too Val. The diamond shape makes it look like they may have used a machine to cut it. (maybe)

Leon, great early Fleer card. Its gotta be the one of the first, right?

bcbgcbrcb
07-30-2010, 06:01 AM
I was fortunate enough to pick up two of the Sporting Boiler Team Photo Premiums, Chicago (NL) & Detroit. By the way, does anyone know the approximate size of these pieces (that info was not included in the descriptions)? I should have asked before the auction ended and now I imagine that it might be tough to make an inquiry like that to the auction house while they are invoicing, collecting monies, shipping, etc.

Leon
07-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Yours is great too Val. The diamond shape makes it look like they may have used a machine to cut it. (maybe)

Leon, great early Fleer card. Its gotta be the one of the first, right?

I believe that Fleer stamp was Fleer's first attempt at distributing cards. BTW Matt, in a follow up to your PM, the cataloged stamped backs are also usually worth a touch more than the uncataloged ones.
And also, we have to watch out for fakes. There were a few trying to be sold on this board a year or so ago but they got picked off in about 2 seconds. Some people think all of these stamps are easy to fake. Some people don't know what they are talking about too :).

and thanks for the Congrats, Val....yes, I had also told someone else that that Wools Bread card would find a home in TX..