PDA

View Full Version : How Many Cards Fit in a Binder?

mab
07-25-2010, 01:19 PM
I am using an Ultra Pro d-ring binder for a set of 1978 Topps Baseball. Am putting 9 cards per page (not doubling up) so I can see the backs. Will all 726 cards fit in one binder or do they need to be split into two binders? Never really used binders and am worried the pages will 'creep up' on the rings and bend the cards on the first page or two.

Thanks!
Mark

toppcat
07-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I am using an Ultra Pro d-ring binder for a set of 1978 Topps Baseball. Am putting 9 cards per page (not doubling up) so I can see the backs. Will all 726 cards fit in one binder or do they need to be split into two binders? Never really used binders and am worried the pages will 'creep up' on the rings and bend the cards on the first page or two.

Thanks!
Mark

I usually put an extra sheet or two in front and back. You can leave 'em empty of fill em up with junk and it helps protect the set you have notebooked. 726 card sets will fit in a binder just fine at 9 per page.

mintacular
07-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Interesting comments, what say you about this:

1. I just added a couple pages to the front for my '70-72 BB but if there are too many sheets to fit in the binder, then there are too many sheets... Wouldn't adding a couple more in the front just mean the first 5 sheets don't sit down flat, and the original 3 I had at the very front are just as much "scrunched" up as before and now have two more empty companions?

2. Can the '72 BB 787 monster fit in one album?

3. Just a random thought, wouldn't it be cool to have a cover sheet/want list as your blank page in the front rather than some 90s commons to fill up 9-pocket sleeves?

4. Maybe this is another way the #1 cards of set have a premium--they've been damaged in binders due to this issue???

David W
07-29-2010, 08:10 AM
72 Topps will not fit in an album. I had to use a small notebook for the high numbers.

David W
07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
One other thing - I also wouldn't put NM and up cards in a binder, dust settles on the top of the pages, and the pages sag down a bit also.

If you want 9's and 10's slab them.

If you want a great set to look at easily put them in binders. Most of these
cards are EX.

darrend505
07-31-2010, 06:36 PM
I like the idea of bindser, but all of my sets are in sleeves in 900 count boxes. Easy to pull out and look and no extra forces on the cards.

vintagetoppsguy
08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
72 Topps will not fit in an album. I had to use a small notebook for the high numbers.

David,

My '72 set all fit in an Ultra Pro 'D' ring album with Ultra Pro 9 pocket pages. You might want to try an Ultra Pro album for your set. Then again, mine was in one of their older albums and I have noticed that they recently changed the design (cover) of their ablums. I don't know if they changed the dimensions at all.

I took the set out of the album a while back because I was not happy with Ultra Pro's 9 pocket pages, The top row of cards always seem to stick out above the pocket and I was afraid the top corners would get dinged.

Regards,

David

Jayworld
08-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes, you should not have any problems getting a 1978 complete set in an Ultra Pro D-ring binder. I have complete sets of 1974, 1976, 1977, 1978, and 1979 all in Ultra Pro D-ring binders. I believe the binders are designed in width to accomodate 100 sheets (900 cards) if the cards are "normal thickness." I have encountered no problems.

Thanks.

Jay