PDA

View Full Version : O/T but don't know where else to post this!

forazzurri2axz
07-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Is Grand Stand Sports reliable for authenticating signatures??--any suggestions other than PSA/DNA Spence etc thanks bill

FUBAR
07-22-2010, 11:44 AM
I only trust PSA/DNA, James Spence, or Richard Simmons!

Im not saying they are bad, or the signature is bad, but if i was buying id stick with the above.

Jay Wolt
07-22-2010, 11:55 AM
I only trust PSA/DNA, James Spence, or Richard Simmons!

Im not saying they are bad, or the signature is bad, but if i was buying id stick with the above.

Richard Simmons!?!

http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/68/67843/richard_simmons_oldies_2.jpg

drc
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
I hadn't heard of them before, but checked and MLB.com sells their autographs. This is a good sign as MLB is particular and uses reputable in-person autograph companies. Wallmart also sells Grandstand Sports autographs, and from what I've seen Walmart uses reliable in person companies for their autographs. Walmart has had an autograph and memorabilia division for years. So Major League Baseball and Walmart selling their stuff can be considered a good endorsements.

Other good companies include Tri-Star, Steiner, Mounted Memories, MLB.com, UDA, Stacks of Plaques, to name just a few. All those companies get their autographs in person.

Browncow75
07-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Incidentally, JSA will be doing an in-store authentication here in St. Peters(St Louis), Mo on August 12, if anybody is interested. Shoot me an email and I can give you more info.

Brandon

FUBAR
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Damn i was telling myself not to type simmons and went and did it anyways... Richard Simon!! I proudly wear the proverbial "L" on my forehead for the day!

Richard Simmons on the other hand, is authentic alright! check out his youtube videos of him when he appeared on Whose line is it anyways, one of the funniest things you will see.

FUBAR
07-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Richard is on here once in a while, im sure i will get a poke in the ribs from him, and i bet im not the first!

nolemmings
07-22-2010, 12:10 PM
I see Jay pulled out one of his Richard Simmons photos. Jay is far too modest to let you all know that he is the world' s foremost collector of Richard Simmons memorabilia. Posters, videos, even an ampule of Richard's perspiration (frozen for preservation purposes) and a lock of hair are among the many items I heard that Jay owns, all locked away at an undiclosed location for obvious security reasons.

Rumor even has it Jay is available for celebrity look-alike appearances, having sweated to the oldies so frequently that he and Richard are now virtually indistinguishable. He's still working on the voice though.
:D

Shoeless Moe
07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
PSA blows!

HRBAKER
07-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Damn i was telling myself not to type simmons and went and did it anyways... Richard Simon!! I proudly wear the proverbial "L" on my forehead for the day!

Richard Simmons on the other hand, is authentic alright! check out his youtube videos of him when he appeared on Whose line is it anyways, one of the funniest things you will see.

Yes, he made quite the Jet Ski.