PDA

View Full Version : Another T206 Matching Set...American Beauty 350 (No Frame) and Drum

Abravefan11
07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Ted Z recently discovered that the 350/460 subjects on the American Beauty 460 and Uzit cards are matched pairs and that Broad Leaf 460 and Red Hindu cards are matched pairs.

With all of the extensive work Ted has done on the confirmed front/back combos another matching set has appeared, this time in the 350 Series between American Beauty 350 No Frame and Drum.

If a 350/460 player can be found with an American Beauty 350 No Frame back they should also be found with a Drum back and visa versa.

To date only two players have a confirmed Drum back and not a confirmed AB350 NF:

Berger
Cobb (Bat Off Shoulder)

Only five players have been confirmed with an AB350 NF and not a Drum:

Conroy
Doolan (Batting)
Downey (Batting)
Mullin (w/Bat)
Stahl (Glove Shows)

There are 32 with both AB350 NF and Drum backs confirmed. There 18 with neither back confirmed and this could show they are "No Prints" in both sets.

The chart below shows the set in two groups. The left how the current group stands with confirmed backs and the right how it would look if Berger and the five Drum subjects were confirmed to better illustrate the pattern.

Green = Confirmed..........Yellow = Unconfirmed

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_UrSHvogCrmM/TEcZKtZUwII/AAAAAAAAC3M/evQdB3e--yM/Recently%20Updated54-1.jpg

Finally about the Cobb (Bat Off)... it is one of the following three:

1) Was printed with an AB 350 NF back and has yet to be confirmed.

2) The Drum example isn't good.

3) It's a "Rule Breaker"

I hope this explanation was clear and I didn't miss anything. I am interested to hear opinions concerning which of the three choices best explains no confirmed American Beauty 350 No Frame Cobb Bat Off Shoulder.

cfc1909
07-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Good stuff Tim.

There are plenty Drums still to be discovered, the St. Louis Drum find proved that. There were plenty new Drums along with some already know examples of Drum in the find. The Hunt find also added new examples to the Drum list.

the more comparisons we find like this the more we will be able to predict what else is still to be confirmed.

I am leaning with NO. 1 on the Cobb Drum. the Hunt find had a red Cobb Drum, so the bat off will probably turn up one day.

teetwoohsix
07-21-2010, 10:43 AM
Wow!! Great work Tim!! I've just glanced over this (on my way to work) and will study it when I'm off, just like I'm doing with TedZ's brand/combo lists. Thanks alot for your continued hard work and for sharing with us!!

Sincerely,Clayton

tedzan
07-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Neat stuff, really great research. The Cobb (bat off shoulder) with a DRUM back has been sighted, but not in recent years.

Several veteran T206 collectors have said that they have not seen this Cobb with an AB350 back. Therefore, it most likely
is a Rule Breaker.

After all, it's Cobb....:)

TED Z

ethicsprof
07-21-2010, 11:30 PM
it pleases me greatly to see such fine scholarship brought to the T206 field.
many thanks,

best,
barry