PDA

View Full Version : Scratch removal for graded card holders

Doug
07-18-2010, 05:36 AM
I was searching eBay trying to find those old PSA cloth pouches that they used to sell and when I searched "PSA card holders" some stuff called slab renew came up in the search. I looked at it and it claims to be able to to remove scratches from graded card/coin holders. Has anyone tried this stuff and know if it actually works? :confused:

WhenItWasAHobby
07-18-2010, 06:32 AM
I've used Novus #2 for years and it's great for removing light scratches and blemishes on graded slabs.

Peter_Spaeth
07-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I've used Novus #2 for years and it's great for removing light scratches and blemishes on graded slabs.

Yep, it's the best. I use it with lens paper.

Doug
07-24-2010, 08:25 PM
I looked up that Novus #2, but I only found a three step kit on their website. I ended up buying a bottle of that slab renew which seemed a bit expensive at $15 a bottle, but it did a surprisingly good job although the scratches were fairly light on the slabs I used it on.

quinnsryche
07-25-2010, 07:02 AM
I bought a bottle of Novus #2 this week on ebay. $2 for a 2 oz. bottle. Got it in 2 days. It works AWESOME! My slabs shine like a diamond and are scratch free. Just thought I'd share.

Bosox Blair
06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Thanks to all for the helpful advice in this thread - just ordered a small bottle of Novus #2 to clean up some scratched slabs.

Cheers,
Blair

the 'stache
04-28-2013, 02:47 PM
I found this helpful thread while searching the web on how to clean up graded card slabs that have been scratched. I just got 3 fairly expensive Bowman Chrome prospect autos that were Beckett graded, and all 3 of the slabs were scratched. So, I am buying some Novus #2, and I'll report back when the slabs are treated.

I figured that there were other members that have their cards SGC or PSA graded, too, and would like to clean up the slabs for the purposes of scanning or selling.