PDA

View Full Version : Brimfield Finds, July 2010?

GrayGhost
07-15-2010, 01:29 PM
For New Englanders mainly, I don't plan on attending, except to just walk around maybe on Saturday. If anyone attends the show, which began a couple days ago, Id be curious if you pick anything good up. I used to attend fairly regularly, and most stuff seemed either junky, overpriced, or maybe was pre picked during setup by other dealers, or people sneaking in.

So, lets hear the Brimfield report.

vintagebrett
07-15-2010, 04:06 PM
July show is by far the weakest of the 3. It has been slow finding stuff this week - the humidity doesn't help the cause either. I mainly look for gloves and have picked up a couple this week, along with some bats, jerseys and one mask.

You are right in assuming it is picked over by dealers but sometimes you get lucky.

aelefson
07-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Hi-
I usually go for the opening day (Tuesday at 4:30am), but I could not this week. I am going tomorrow and Saturday to dig around a little. I almost always find something that makes my trip worthwhile, but July is always the worst of the three weeks for my picking as well. It helps to look for other stuff (I also collect boy scout patches, neckerchiefs, etc.) too.
Gray Ghost, let me know if you would be interested in meeting on Saturday (if you will be there). I don't know how long I will be there, but I plan on getting there early (around 7) to beat the heat.
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

jbsports33
07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
How do you guys get all this time off? I will be there Sat.

maybe I will see you there, July is a weak show for the most part

still a fun time

Jimmy

bigfish
07-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Slim pickins at Brimfield. Found a few items.......

jbsports33
07-18-2010, 04:35 AM
There was some nice items, mostly over priced, but found some bats, catalogs and other paper items! still had fun

Toby that first photo is really nice!

Jimmy