PDA

View Full Version : 2010 MLB All Star Game: thoughts?

bobafett72
07-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Personally i like that the NL finally won! Good tight game, solid pitching on display (much like this entire season) Scrappy, old school player wins the MVP (Mccann) Good times.

D. Bergin
07-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Can't believe "Big Papi" got thrown out at 2nd base on a single in the last inning. Great play by the RightFielder, lackluster baserunning by Ortiz. :confused:

I'm pretty sure I've seen that before, but it sure isn't common.

k-dog
07-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Can't believe "Big Papi" got thrown out at 2nd base on a single in the last inning.

Well...he's OBVIOUSLY not the fastest guy in the league by any stretch of the imagination!!!!

:D

Robextend
07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Very well pitched game. Overall I don't care for all-star games anymore...they just don't do much for me. I think the player introductions are the best part.

EDITED TO ADD: Also not sure why Girardi didn't make a better effort to make sure A-Rod got in the game...weird.

Jim VB
07-14-2010, 03:23 PM
EDITED TO ADD: Also not sure why Girardi didn't make a better effort to make sure A-Rod got in the game...weird.

Joe's explanation was that he felt he needed to save A-Rod as a potential pinch runner and/or defensive replacement for Beltre who was playing slightly hurt.

Beltre had thought about scratching (he came out of Sunday's game with a bad hamstring), but really wanted to go and play. He's been in the bigs for 13 seasons and this was his first All-Star Game. There was talk on Monday that Beltre would pull out and Michael Young would replace him, but I can't blame him for wanting to play.