PDA

View Full Version : "Mr. Baseball Cards" & Jack

mintacular
07-13-2010, 08:05 PM
So I saw this ad in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (our largest paper) from a guy selling 50 Clemente cards. So I called him and well it turns out his criss-crosses the country and also sets up at major shows (so he says.) Apparently he goes to all the big cities and then advertises those particular local stars in the major newspapers.

I rattled off a list of post-war HOFer classic cards I am in pursuit of and he basically says he has almost everyone of them in the condition I want and would like to set up a meeting with me, etc. He seems pretty legit and was wondering if anyone could clue me in to who this guy might be.

He calls himself "Mr. Baseball" and his name is Jack. BTW-I've already told him I want to meet him at a public place as I don't want him to know the location of my house and which includes a NM+/NM-MT 1984 Donruss set (IN NEW VINYL SHEETS w/BINDER)

Leon
07-14-2010, 10:39 AM
So I saw this ad in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (our largest paper) from a guy selling 50 Clemente cards. So I called him and well it turns out his criss-crosses the country and also sets up at major shows (so he says.) Apparently he goes to all the big cities and then advertises those particular local stars in the major newspapers.

I rattled off a list of post-war HOFer classic cards I am in pursuit of and he basically says he has almost everyone of them in the condition I want and would like to set up a meeting with me, etc. He seems pretty legit and was wondering if anyone could clue me in to who this guy might be.

He calls himself "Mr. Baseball" and his name is Jack. BTW-I've already told him I want to meet him at a public place as I don't want him to know the location of my house and which includes a NM+/NM-MT 1984 Donruss set (IN NEW VINYL SHEETS w/BINDER)

This is easy. Tell ole Jack that you are anxious to do the deal...then give him directions to the local police station to meet with you.....If he says no, then just tell him you aren't interested if it can't be done there....good luck and let us know....

Ladder7
07-14-2010, 11:53 AM
His cousin is Mr Everglades., He's got some land to sell ya.

HRBAKER
07-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Be very careful, people have done some crazy things for 1984 Donruss. :D
Leon's idea is a good one!

Jewish-collector
07-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Pat,

If that's so, tell him to meet you at the National in Baltimore. http://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

Rob D.
07-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Pat,

If that's so, tell him to meet you at the National in Baltimore. http://forum.mydyingbride.org/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

Tell him you'll be the guy with the crabs.