PDA

View Full Version : T206 sheet groupings

t206hound
07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Has anyone ever definitively come up with a list of T206 cards that were on the same "sheet"? I've seen some miscut fronts that show multiple players (can't remember which ones)... and I have two miscut backs which got me thinking. Any other card in the same "row" as the two below would exhibit the same miscut... especially the vertical instance. If someone else has come across similar miscuts, is it presumptuous to say that they are cards from the same sheet?

http://gallery.me.com/kimsummers/100021/piedmontMiscut/web.jpg

teetwoohsix
07-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I believe boardmember Jantz was on to something with this subject, I just can't remember the title of the thread- maybe if he reads this he will post, or add the link ;)

Clayton

FrankWakefield
07-10-2010, 01:00 PM
It is an excellent idea to have everyone with miscut/misprinted, or over-sized cards, to post scans of them. Especially the ones that have a name both at the top and at the bottom of a card. With that information, eventually, we could get an idea of sheet layout.

One of those cards has "MC" for miscut. I can't imagine how that card would have been better if cut differently. To cut it differently the front would have become worse. So it wasn't miscut. I think misprinted would be a better way to describe it. Still, that description is a pretty good one for a 3pg.

cfc1909
07-10-2010, 01:02 PM

Jantz
07-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Erick

I have done some research about this topic. I took a different approach to putting T206s onto the same "sheet" though. In no way would I call my conclusion "definitive", but the visual facts are hard to deny.

Instead of using miscut T206s, I went about it using wet sheet transfer evidence that appears consistantly on 12 T206 player's cards. For instance, I have found close to a dozen McGraw (glove at hip) T206s that all display the same transfer. Also, if Teetwoohsix purchased the group of T206s that 3-2-Count had up for sale recently on the BST, then he has one of the players from this grouping.....Hummel.

Over the last 3 years, I have gathered a large inventory of scans with T206s displaying various oddities and errors. After looking at the 2 scans that you have provided of Oldring & White, I see now that these 2 T206s have been graded. I have scans of them when they were raw. ;)

Miscut backs seem to appear in just about every different back brand. If it were my choice, I would focus more on the rarer backs towards building a sheet, because the Piedmont and Sweet Caporal miscuts appear more often.

Hope I've answered your question or helped in some way. If I can provide any more help, let me know.

Clayton - If you are reading this, I will have an email to you this weekend.

Jantz

The Piedmont miscut has Bowerman on the front.

jimonym
07-10-2010, 07:13 PM
One complication is that almost certainly most T206 subjects appeared on more than one sheet, or, alternatively, in more than one location per sheet.

Hence examples like these:

http://www.jimonym.com/Images/Atzs.jpg

http://www.jimonym.com/Images/Dygerts.jpg

cfc1909
07-11-2010, 08:51 AM

I do not own these

teetwoohsix
07-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Thanks for posting here Jantz, and also, thanks to everyoneone else who posted and provided scans. This is a subject that really interests me, and I do think you are on to something Jantz.............unfortunatly I missed the boat on Tony's group of T206's, he had already moved them to Ebay :(
I was a little too late.

Look forward to hearing from you Jantz, hope all is well.

Sincerely,Clayton