PDA

View Full Version : T-210 Article

Old Mill Man
06-23-2010, 08:30 PM
I have put lots of work into the T-210 set but I am still hurting over the loss of Joe Pelaez.Joe and I knew each other for over 30 years and we argued but I loved him and I know he loved me as well.He was a great friend and one heck of a collector.I miss him RIP Joe.I will post when the article is finished.My health has declined as well but I will try and get it done.Thanks to all interested.And Joe's favorite emotion :-)

Vintagecatcher
06-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi Ralph,

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. I hope you are feeling better soon. It's hard to believe several years have passed since we had that nice discussion regarding the Old Mill Cabinets.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=88435&highlight=mill+cabinets

I was surprised to see the on your post that you are in New Hampshire.

Regards,

Patrick in Maine

FrankWakefield
06-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Hang in there... And your article on T210s will be welcomed by the Old Mill red border collectors amongst us. A fascinating series of cards that gets less recognition than many cards because of the large number of them, their expense, the general obscurity of the subjects, and the black & white imagery.

Thanks for working on it.

FW

ethicsprof
06-23-2010, 11:54 PM
I sure hope and pray that you get to feeling better soon.

I,too, am eager to read your article!!
all the best,
barry

TT40391
06-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Hello, I cannot wait for the article, I am a big fan of the series 6 cards. I hope you feel better soon. I talked to Joe on the phone once about possible trading of some T210 6's between us but it never came to anything. He was very nice to me and seemed like a very standup guy.

William

Bill Stone
06-24-2010, 06:36 AM
I have been told there is no commercial market for a book about the T210 series so I am not totally suprised that no comprehensive work has been done on the series -like the great book recently on the T206 cards and players. However I have always thought that six or seven us on this board could produce an summary of the knowledge of this series and the teams and players which would at least provide a starting point for future research into the series. I would hope your article could be a starting point to be added to by others who research and collect this series.

DixieBaseball
06-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Ralph - Hope you get to feeling better - (Keep Pluggin!)

Love the T210's, and I salivate just thinking of any news or information that comes out on them.

Look forward to the article and hope you can get ur done soon.

JJ

jerseygary
04-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Just wanted to bring this thread back - the T210's are one of my favorite sets and I was wondering if any comprehensive article was ever done on them. Obscure teams and little-known players all shown in classic poses - what a great set of cards!

Vintagecatcher
04-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Gary,

We never heard from Ralph again...so I fear the worst.

Patrick

RCMcKenzie
04-18-2013, 01:10 AM

T210 has become one of my favorite sets to collect. Anyone can focus on a regional team near them and start collecting.

jerseygary
04-18-2013, 06:43 AM
Gary,

We never heard from Ralph again...so I fear the worst.

Patrick

Boy, that's terrible. I hope he is ok, where ever he is.

John V
04-18-2013, 06:08 PM
Does anyone know his last name?

DixieBaseball
04-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Does anyone know his last name?

I may be wrong, but I think his last name is Preyer. (I am a T210 enthusiast as well)

Hope all is well - JJ

sb1
04-19-2013, 07:08 AM
His name is Ralph Reitsma, I used to exchange emails with him. I did a quick search and found his son active online, but no sign of him or an obit?