PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld Announcing the Mets Game Tonight

barrysloate
06-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Anybody watching the Mets tonight? Jerry Seinfeld is doing the play by play with Keith Hernandez and Gary what's-his-name. He's occasionally funny but mostly all over the place. Are people enjoying his schtick?

Robextend
06-24-2010, 05:49 AM
I thought it was great, you can tell how much he loves his team, and I thought he was pretty funny. He can not, not be funny!!

Also to add, I am a Yankee fan but I can't stand Michael Kay and the Yankee telecasts. I am jealous of the Mets broadcasters because they really have the best in the business with Cohen and Darling. Keith isn't bad either when he isn't napping or berating the players of today too much.

barrysloate
06-24-2010, 07:51 AM
I thought Jerry could have been a little better prepared, since he is such a perfectionist with his comedy. Given the special nature of the event, couldn't he have spent a few minutes studying the Detroit line up so that he knew the name of the leftfielder when he caught that fly ball? Maybe it was his way of saying that he wasn't crazy about interleague play, but I thought he came across as disorganized. He did say some very funny things. My favorite part was listening to him and Keith discussing their episode together.

Robextend
06-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Yea, I like when he referred to Armando Galarraga as "Andres". It definitely was great seeing the old clips and them discussing it. I like when Cohen brought up "The Nap" episode in reference to Keith taking a mid-game snooze.

barrysloate
06-24-2010, 08:29 AM
I heard him say "Andres" and nobody corrected him.

Robextend
06-24-2010, 08:57 AM
I have heard Keith screw up names many times so he probably missed it. Cohen most likely didn't feel like correcting him; he seemed in awe a little bit having Jerry in the booth.