PDA

View Full Version : United States advances!!!!

Robextend
06-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Did anyone see Landon Donovan score in the 90th minute?? Truly incredible.

US advances and they even won their group!!!!!

Epps
06-23-2010, 01:15 PM
That game was intense. I was screaming after we scored. Can't believe that they got another goal taken away but at least we still got the victory. Dempsey didn't do anything and blew a couple of chances and our defense still sucks but luckily Donovan followed through.

canjond
06-23-2010, 01:40 PM
That game was intense. I was screaming after we scored. Can't believe that they got another goal taken away but at least we still got the victory. Dempsey didn't do anything and blew a couple of chances and our defense still sucks but luckily Donovan followed through.

I have to disagree here. I actually though Dempsey played well and although should have knocked the shot in the second half home instead of hitting the post, created a lot of chances for the US. Alti missing a giveme from the top of the 6 was unforgiveable. I also thought the defense stepped up and looked strong this game (except for the catasophy that almost was in the first 5 minutes). Replacing Onyewu was brilliant.

drc
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Intense? I thought the World Cup was played outdoors?

Ease
06-23-2010, 03:22 PM
I have to disagree here. I actually though Dempsey played well and although should have knocked the shot in the second half home instead of hitting the post, created a lot of chances for the US. Alti missing a giveme from the top of the 6 was unforgiveable. I also thought the defense stepped up and looked strong this game (except for the catasophy that almost was in the first 5 minutes). Replacing Onyewu was brilliant.

I also thought Dempsey played well, and I liked Bocanegra in center back way better than Gooch. Bradley should go with the same starters except Gomez, he seems to be way better as a late game sub. Buddle looked decent up front, Beasley not good.
Add: Demerit is playing top class defense and is kind of an unsung hero for us.

sox1903wschamp
06-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Well it's the first time I have showed emotion during an adult Soccer game so maybe I am coming around :) Great game.

Ease
06-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Disappointing loss today, but a good run for the US overall. Maybe some dynamic forwards will come of age before 2014, but until they do I think this is about as far as we can advance in world cup play. Altidore was non existent today and really showed me very little throughout the tournament. Dempsey is a tough guy and decent player, but just doesn't have the speed or skills on a consistent basis. Gomez is young and will improve with more experience into a 90 minute forward. Findley is like a ghost out there.