PDA

View Full Version : FYI....T206 Red HINDU confirmed list

tedzan
06-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Dated Oct 6, 2020

https://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/RedHINDUx25bx.jpg

Checklist…...total = 44 confirmed

To date, 32 subjects have been confirmed with the red HINDU back in the 350/460 series.

Baker
Bender (no trees)
M. Brown (Chicago)
Chance (portrait-yellow)
Chase (blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Cobb (red portrait)
Davis (A's)
Donlin (bat)
Doolan (bat)
Dougherty (arm in air)
Downey (bat)
Larry Doyle (bat)
Elberfeld (Washington-fielding)
Evers (Chicago-yellow sky)
Griffith (bat)
Johnson (pitching)
Joss (pitching)
Kleinow (Boston)
Konetchy (glove low)

Magee (bat)
McIntyre (Brooklyn & Chicago)
Murphy (batting)
O'Leary (hands on knees)
Rucker (throwing)
Seymour (throwing)
Snodgrass (catching)
Stahl (glove)
Street (fielding)
Sweeney (fielding)
Willis (throwing)
CYoung (glove)

The following 3 subjects have yet to be confirmed with the red HINDU back. I expect all 3 will eventually be discovered.

Ames (hands above head)
Mathewson (dark cap)
Reulbach (no glove)

460-only series......Exclusive 12....COMPLETE

These 12 confirmed subjects are the only red HINDU cards in the 460-only series. Furthermore, these 12 subjects are
definitely more available with the red HINDU back than the above listed subjects in the 350/460 series.

Crandall (cap)
Devore
Duffy
Ford
Gandil
Geyer
Hummel
McGraw (glove at hip)
Pfeffer
Sheckard (glove)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Wheat

TED Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tedzan
06-23-2010, 02:15 PM
A note to you serious T206 player's (or type) collectors with respect to LENOX and Red HINDU backs.

Regarding the 460-only series Red HINDU cards, they are mutually exclusive with the 460-only series
LENOX cards.

Rules like this are helpful to the collector in avoiding endless searches for certain front/back combos
that do not exist.

Or, hopefully prevent collectors from being duped by re-fronted (re-backed) fake T206 cards.

TED Z

tedzan
06-24-2010, 02:57 PM
NOTE.....important info for you front/back collectors of T206 team's, player's, or type cards.

The BROAD LEAF 460 cards and the Red HINDU cards are essentially matched pairs....that is, they have in common
identical fronts. Furthermore, these 2 backs are mutually exclusive with the AMERICAN BEAUTY 460 and UZIT cards.

This rule applies only to the 350/460 series cards.

TED Z

Abravefan11
07-19-2010, 09:19 PM
On both your Red Hindu and Uzit lists you show Seymour (throwing) as confirmed. When you get a chance could you double check the confirmed pose.

Thanks.

tedzan
07-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Thanks much for keeping me honest.....Seymour (throwing) has been confirmed with the Red HINDU.

Seymour (throwing) has not been confirmed with the UZIT back and has been removed from the list.

My mistake.

Best regards,

TED Z

Blunder19
07-20-2010, 08:57 AM
Ted,

Extremely curious who confirmed the seymour throwing with a red hindu back. Can you PM me who the person is and if they are the owner or just someone who said they have seen it.

I have never seen a picture or a recrded sale of one. As that is my front/back collection I am interested to say the least.

Jamie

Blunder19
07-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Ted,

Any word?

cfc1909
07-22-2010, 03:38 PM
I am sure this was confirmed by a private collector and the name will remain private.

Ted is in Cooperstown this weekend but I am 90% this is the situation.

tedzan
08-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, I think more Red HINDU cards will be found.

If my "pair printing" theory regarding the BROAD LEAF 460 cards and the Red HINDU cards is valid (and so far it has proven true),
then we can expect that the following 350/460 subjects may be found with Red HINDU backs......

Dougherty (arm in air)
Mathewson (dark cap)
Murphy (bat)
Reubach (no glove)

Furthermore, there are only 12 known Red HINDU cards in the 460-only series (see above list). So, there remains any one (or more)
of 34 cards in this series that may possibly be found with a Red HINDU back.

Thanks for any new Red HINDU inputs.

TED Z

tedzan
07-28-2012, 11:57 AM
With the recent Southern find of the 42 red HINDU cards, I have updated this "FYI red HINDU list" by adding the red Cobb and Murphy (bat) cards.

There are now 30 subjects confirmed in the 350/460 series. And, only 12 still remain confirmed in the 460-only series.

Finally, we have undisputed confirmation of authentic red Cobb cards (2 of them) with the red HINDU backs.

And, John Wonka will be very pleased with this find of the Murphy card.

TED Z

tedzan
07-28-2012, 12:05 PM
This is the 6th (part A) of 15 threads that will provide the most up to date lists of the confirmed cards with
the various T206 backs.

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/rh.jpg

NOTE....The BROAD LEAF 460 and the red HINDU cards evidently were printed simultaneously (circa..Winter of 1910),
since their fronts coincide (this rule applies only to the subjects in the 350/460 series).

To date, 30 subjects have been confirmed with the red HINDU back in the 350/460 series.

Baker
Bender (no trees)
M. Brown (Chicago)
Chance (portrait-yellow)
Chase (blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Cobb (red portrait)
Davis (A's)
Donlin (bat)
Doolan (bat)
Downey (bat)
Larry Doyle (bat)
Griffith (bat)
Johnson (pitching)
Joss (pitching)
Kleinow (Boston)
Konetchy (glove low)
Magee (bat)

Murphy (batting)
O'Leary (hands on knees)
Rucker (throwing)
Seymour (throwing)
Snodgrass (catching)
Stahl (glove)
Street (fielding)
Sweeney (fielding)
Willis (throwing)
CYoung (glove)

These 12 confirmed red HINDU subjects are the only red HINDU cards in the 460-only series.

Crandall (cap)
Devore
Duffy
Ford
Gandil
Geyer
Hummel
McGraw (glove at hip)
Pfeffer
Sheckard (glove)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Wheat

The following 4 subjects have yet to be confirmed with the red HINDU back. All four are possible with this back.

Dougherty (arm in air)
Mathewson (dark cap)
McIntyre (Brooklyn & Chicago))
Reulbach (no glove)

Two new inputs have been added to the 350/460 list. Undisputed confirmation of authentic red Cobb cards (2 of them)
with the red HINDU backs....and, Murphy (bat).

TED Z

tedzan
04-24-2014, 10:45 AM

Red HINDU Checklist......confirmed total = 44 subjects

To date, 32 subjects have been confirmed with the red HINDU back in the 350/460 series.

Baker
Bender (no trees)
M. Brown (Chicago)
Chance (portrait-yellow)
Chase (blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Cobb (red portrait)
Davis (A's)
Donlin (bat)
Doolan (bat)
Dougherty (arm in air)
Downey (bat)
Larry Doyle (bat)
Griffith (bat)
Johnson (pitching)
Joss (pitching)
Kleinow (Boston)
Konetchy (glove low)

Magee (bat)
Murphy (batting)
O'Leary (hands on knees)
Rucker (throwing)
Seymour (throwing)
Snodgrass (catching)
Stahl (glove)
Street (fielding)
Sweeney (fielding)
Willis (throwing)
CYoung (glove)

NOTE
The BROAD LEAF 460 and the red HINDU cards evidently were printed simultaneously (circa..Fall/Winter 1910),
since their fronts coincide (this rule applies only to the subjects in the 350/460 series).

460-only series.

These 12 confirmed subjects are the only red HINDU cards in the 460-only series. Furthermore, these 12 appear
to be more available with the red HINDU back than the above listed subjects in the 350/460 series.

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/1stEx12gpSC460x42x25x.jpg
http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/2ndEx12gpSC460x42x25x.jpg

Crandall (cap)
Devore
Duffy
Ford
Gandil
Geyer
Hummel
McGraw (glove at hip)
Pfeffer
Sheckard (glove)
Tannehill (Chicago)
Wheat

The following 3 subjects have yet to be confirmed with the red HINDU back. All three are possible with this back.

Ames (hands above head)
Mathewson (dark cap)
Reulbach (no glove)

T-Rex TED

tedzan
04-24-2014, 01:10 PM

Thanks goes to the current Heritage Auction for a number of T206 red HINDU cards for sale, of which the Dougherty is one of them.

This new input of Dougherty raises the confirmed number of red HINDU subjects to 43.

TED Z