PDA

View Full Version : Manute Bol Dies at 47

barrysloate
06-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Sorry to hear today about the passing of basketball star Manute Bol. Besides his skills on the court, he was a great humanitarian and did much to help the people of his native Sudan. His extraordinary height was an asset during his playing career, but people that tall rarely live to old age. He will be missed.

Ease
06-19-2010, 08:38 PM
RIP. Great guy who gave everything to his people. Always good for a laugh too, remember when he laced up some skates and played hockey! I believe he tried his hand at jockeying (?) too!

HRBAKER
06-19-2010, 08:40 PM
He was funny. I can't remember which show it was that had a parody commercial set in a home improvement superstore like Home Depot and was advertising Manute's Bowls. They were toilets where the seats were about five feet off the ground. Very funny.

barrysloate
06-20-2010, 05:22 AM
Manute also appeared on SNL. He played a host on a cruise ship who played water volleyball with the guests, and tomahawk spiked every ball hit to him. He also did a sketch with Jon Bon Jovi where he won the ESPN award for tallest NBA player....you had to see it.

Leon
06-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Everything I read about him was very good. Too bad the good oft times die young. RIP Manute, there aren't too many people as good as you were.

FUBAR
06-20-2010, 10:59 AM
i liked him, great sense of humor... he also kicked the Fridge's butt in celebrity boxing. His jab sessions with Barkley always gave me a good laugh!

I read that he took some kidney medication when he was in Africa and that it did more harm then good, causing his downfall, sad for such a good person.

Robextend
06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Manute also appeared on SNL. He played a host on a cruise ship who played water volleyball with the guests, and tomahawk spiked every ball hit to him.

That was a hilarious skit, back when SNL was still generating a few laughs.

FUBAR
06-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Rob

Peyton Manning and Betty White were hilarious on SNL.. if you didn`t laugh at those two....

Robextend
06-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Rob

Peyton Manning and Betty White were hilarious on SNL.. if you didn`t laugh at those two....

I actually haven't watched a full show probably since Will Ferrell was a regular.