PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam Bids question

brianp-beme
06-18-2010, 10:51 AM
A general question for one of the Grand Slam Bid honchos...I have tried to view the completed auctions (while logged in) but have been unable to see them, even after clicking on the closed auction link on the left side. What does one need to do to view completed auctions?

By the way, great site and some cool cards so far.

Brian

Matt
06-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Brian - There is an issue with the closed auctions drop down on the left side that should be resolved within the next week. In the meanwhile, you can get to closed auctions from here:
http://www.grandslambids.com/search.php

Leon
06-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Brian - There is an issue with the closed auctions drop down on the left side that should be resolved within the next week. In the meanwhile, you can get to closed auctions from here:
http://www.grandslambids.com/search.php

Just so you know the link above is at the top under advanced search.....After you click on advanced search, go over on the left and you will see a tab that says "view results". You can click on open auctions, closed auctions or all auctions. It is working for us so let us know if it's not for you.

Also, we hope folks will give the system a whirl. Instead of listing somewhere else, try GSB, it costs almost nothing to give it a try. For the forseeable future the FVF will be 1.5% or less, and listing is merely .03. That is 10%, or more, less than ebay and there is no risk if you start your item out at what you can live with. We would do it for free but we are still in a trial period and need to continue to see how things work. The system seems to be doing well and we appreciate those that have tried it. There is an Orange border T210 at $5.50 ending tomorrow and a super scarce T205 Hindu that will still be up for a few more weeks, along with many other items. The internal sniping system seems to be working so everyone can still do sniping. All that have tried GSB seem to be fairly happy. Thanks again.

M's_Fan
06-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I have a question about Grand Slam Bids' bidding system, I won item # 100514 with a winning bid of $340. I think I actually put my high bid at $351 or something close. The next highest bid from other bidders was only $178.88. How did my bid of $340 end up winning the auction? On eBay the auction would have ended at $180. What gives here?

Matt
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I have a question about Grand Slam Bids' bidding system, I won item # 100514 with a winning bid of $340. I think I actually put my high bid at $351 or something close. The next highest bid from other bidders was only $178.88. How did my bid of $340 end up winning the auction? On eBay the auction would have ended at $180. What gives here?

I'll look into that right away - if there was an issue with the bidding system, which it sounds like there was, rest assured it will be corrected and your winning bid will be set appropriately.

Matt
06-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Greg - the item you were bidding on had a reserve of $340. The bidding process worked exactly as it would have on eBay - you won it for the reserve price, even though your ceiling bid was higher.

For a reserved item is live, the status of the reserve is displayed next to the "Current Bid" line in the listing. It is red until the reserve is met and then changes to green once the reserve is met.
http://www.grandslambids.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=100514

M's_Fan
06-18-2010, 12:17 PM
^ Okay, I thought eBay would put you at only above the next highest bid, I didn't know that it would work this way, where you would end up at the reserve even if nobody else bid near there. Guess I don't know much about eBay. Its a good rule I think, otherwise you wouldn't win items just because someone else didn't bid.

Anthony S.
06-18-2010, 12:24 PM

Hi Greg,
I was the seller in that auction. I set a reserve at $340 before the auction.

Clutch-Hitter
06-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Nice card M's_fan

I keep up with ebay a little and noted that in May, a PSA 5 Walsh sold for $354.00, and a PSA 6 sold for $997.25. I didn't note shipping, so you can add whatever that was to the previously mentioned totals.

Rob D.
06-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Hi Greg,
I was the seller in that auction. I set a reserve at $340 before the auction.

I'm surprised your seller rating of zero didn't scare off more people.

Anthony S.
06-18-2010, 12:31 PM

To be fair, I already have 43 positives, but it's those damn 43 negatives that drag my score down.

Leon
06-18-2010, 12:32 PM

Good point, sort of :) ...... I would strongly encourage those using GSB to go to your "about me" page and put in your ebay id (I did)....it links perfectly and then folks will know more of who you are and the reputation you have built.

perezfan
06-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Good system... Can't wait to try it for memorabilia as the word spreads.

Rob- Even though my brain is slow today, I like your avatar. It took me a few seconds to figure out the baseball connection. Reminds of many late night after-party gorge sessions at Denny's! Waaaaay back when it was still $1.99 :cool:

Rob D.
06-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Good system... Can't wait to try it for memorabilia as the word spreads.

Rob- Even though my brain is slow today, I like your avatar. It took me a few seconds to figure out the baseball connection. Reminds of many late night after-party gorge sessions at Denny's! Waaaaay back when it was still $1.99 :cool:

I'm just happy it hasn't offended you (or anyone else), Mark.

Matt
06-18-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm just happy it hasn't offended you (or anyone else), Mark.

Rob - the deal is we're supposed to give you free listings so long as you keep that as your avatar, right?

Rob D.
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Rob - the deal is we're supposed to give you free listings so long as you keep that as your avatar, right?

Can't really use the free listings. But I'll keep the avatar if you'll remove me from GSB's e-mail list.

Matt
06-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Can't really use the free listings. But I'll keep the avatar if you'll remove me from GSB's e-mail list.

Gotcha - you prefer to be on email lists that email you several times on the last day of an auction with an hourly countdown.

We've sent 1 or 2 emails in 6 months. :)

brianp-beme
06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks Matt and Leon for the explanation...keep up the good work!

Brian

Rob D.
06-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Gotcha - you prefer to be on email lists that email you several times on the last day of an auction with an hourly countdown.

We've sent 1 or 2 emails in 6 months. :)

Really? I guess the e-mails/threads/posts are blurring together.

Happy Father's Day.

Anthony S.
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Really? I guess the e-mails/threads/posts are blurring together.

I've been inundating your inbox with alerts for my new Auction site, "$8.99 All You Can Eat Popcorn Shrimp Bids." Perhaps you confused the two.

Rob D.
06-18-2010, 02:32 PM
I've been inundating your inbox with alerts for my new Auction site, "$8.99 All You Can Eat Popcorn Shrimp Bids." Perhaps you confused the two.

Please send me that url again. Thanks.

Anthony S.
06-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Please send me that url again. Thanks.

Don't worry, it'll be in my next 16 emails...

Rob D.
06-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Don't worry, it'll be in my next 16 emails...

Positive feedback coming your way ...

deadballera
06-18-2010, 02:48 PM
one great piece of info

You get the email if your snipe will be outbid.

love it !

chaddurbin
06-18-2010, 02:50 PM
one great piece of info

You get the email if your snipe will be outbid.

love it !

what? you put in snipe, i put in a higher snipe...you get an email about it? can you really snipe someone if they know it's coming?

Matt
06-18-2010, 02:54 PM
what? you put in snipe, i put in a higher snipe...you get an email about it? can you really snipe someone if they know it's coming?

No - 3 days before the auctions ends you put in a snipe at $50 and the next day, the item is bid up to $60 - you get an email letting you know your snipe won't do you much good anymore.

If you put in a snipe at $50 and another guy puts in his at $60, but the item is only sitting at $25 right now, you won't get an email.

chaddurbin
06-18-2010, 03:01 PM
thanks for the exp. matt, as is it's like other sniping sw out there. i thought maybe you guys came up with a new concept for sniping.