PDA

View Full Version : OT KC to get the 2012 All-Star game

Pup6913
06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Just heard on the news this morning about KC getting the 2012 All-Star game. It is a ways out in time but if there are any of you coming to KC for this I would love to be as helpful as possible in finding hotels, food, entertainment, etc, ect.

If interested please send me an email or PM. The best area to stay is about 10 min North on 435 by Worlds of fun. The Hotels are cheap and new and the area is nicer than around the stadium. I would suggest not staying off Hwy 70 and Noland road (this is just my opinion about the area since I stayed there when I moved to KC for a week:()

oldjudge
06-16-2010, 08:41 AM
That's great. Kansas City used to be a great baseball city and maybe it will be again if they ever get a major league team back.

Pup6913
06-16-2010, 08:52 AM
That's great. Kansas City used to be a great baseball city and maybe it will be again if they ever get a major league team back.

I agree:D:D:D:D Good thing I am a Cardinals fan

tesitzes24
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll probably be making the short trip from STL to be there, don't know for sure yet though. I don't think I'll miss it being this close, even though it was just here in St. Louis last year.

Exhibitman
06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Gad, what's next, Wichita? No offense but KC for the AS Game is the equivalent of Cleveland for the National.

nebboy
06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
Ive watch many, many games at that park and I will enjoy taking the famliy to the AS game. Its a no brainer. :D

slidekellyslide
06-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Gad, what's next, Wichita? No offense but KC for the AS Game is the equivalent of Cleveland for the National.

I've never been to Cleveland, but I've been to KC a lot and there's a lot to do there...The Negro League Hall of Fame, World's of Fun/Oceans of Fun...they have a great zoo, the World War I Museum, a NASCAR track, NFL and Major League baseball. I suppose for someone from LA it's rather boring, but for us hicks in flyover country KC is Metropolis.

toppcat
06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
KC is BBQ heaven from what I hear.

White Borders
06-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Gad, what's next, Wichita?

And what's you're problem with Wichita? We have, well, umm, The Wichita Wingnuts AA team that is in last place and play in the bea-u-ti-ful Lawrence-Dumont Stadium which opened in the 1930's and has a seating capacity of 6,000! :D

But seriously, I grew up in KC during the Royals glory years of George Brett et. al. and the stadium really is great for watching a game.

Peter_Spaeth
06-16-2010, 05:28 PM
I've never been to Cleveland, but I've been to KC a lot and there's a lot to do there...The Negro League Hall of Fame, World's of Fun/Oceans of Fun...they have a great zoo, the World War I Museum, a NASCAR track, NFL and Major League baseball. I suppose for someone from LA it's rather boring, but for us hicks in flyover country KC is Metropolis.

And a big theater that they call a burleque.

Rob D.
06-16-2010, 05:44 PM
And what's you're problem with Wichita? We have, well, umm, The Wichita Wingnuts AA team that is in last place and play in the bea-u-ti-ful Lawrence-Dumont Stadium which opened in the 1930's and has a seating capacity of 6,000! :D

But seriously, I grew up in KC during the Royals glory years of George Brett et. al. and the stadium really is great for watching a game.

People never believe it when I tell them my favorite city from when I played in the minors was Wichita. Not even close. Great fans.

slidekellyslide
06-16-2010, 08:30 PM
People never believe it when I tell them my favorite city from when I played in the minors was Wichita. Not even close. Great fans.

Wichita has a very long and storied baseball history. They were the mecca for the great semi-pro teams of the early to mid 1900s.

Pup6913
06-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Wichita has a very long and storied baseball history. They were the mecca for the great semi-pro teams of the early to mid 1900s.

You think it may be because of all the corn fed country boys:D I do know most farming communities always have great baseball teams. i know we did in high school and still do.

Pup6913
06-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Here is a link to the announcement from Selig. The introductor for Selig is funny. Especially when he all out said that KC has always had a Crappy team. LOL:) Except for 1985 and 73'.:eek:

http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bud-selig-announcement-all-star-061610,0,7306831.story