PDA

View Full Version : T's & E's: A Comparison

usernamealreadytaken
06-14-2010, 03:46 PM
I was wondering if we could merge the prominent "E" cards in the T206 backs's scarcity list. For example: Where does an E92 Croft's Cocoa card go, between Hindu and Carolina Brights? An E92 "Blue" Croft's candy go, between Drum and Uzit? Can anybody help here?

Matt
06-14-2010, 04:08 PM
The issue you need to define first is, are you asking, per player scarcity, or just the scarcity of finding any player card with that back. Because caramel sets are much smaller in size, that question is very important when comparing scarcity with T206s.

Leon
06-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I was wondering if we could merge the prominent "E" cards in the T206 backs's scarcity list. For example: Where does an E92 Croft's Cocoa card go, between Hindu and Carolina Brights? An E92 "Blue" Croft's candy go, between Drum and Uzit? Can anybody help here?

To me this would be a fun project. I think I could really get into it....

As Matt said, you need to define it. The way you worded the initial post it sounds like you wouldn't be comparing individual players in sets, but the sets (and backs) themselves. That would be neat....

I could see a Ty Cobb / Cobb back being about half as rare as a T207 Red Cross...I think a Blue backed Crofts might be like a Uzit and a Red Backed Crofts might be like a Brown Lenox...etc...These are just examples without putting much thought into them. It would make sense to start with a list from the ACC for both the T's and E's and go from there.....

usernamealreadytaken
06-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. I envisioned the list's "scarcity" based on simply finding a card with that back; irrespective of any specific subject(s) or difficulty to complete the set as a whole.

Bosox Blair
06-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the replies. I envisioned the list's "scarcity" based on simply finding a card with that back; irrespective of any specific subject(s) or difficulty to complete the set as a whole.

My guess is that the E-cards will mostly trump the T-card backs using this test. Many of the E-card sets are very small, with relatively low pops per card.

Cheers,
Blair