PDA

View Full Version : 1961 and 62 Topps Stamps

toppcat
06-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Anybody here collect these? I need a new challenge/long term project now that I have completed most of the insert sets (Oh, 65 Transfers of Kaline and Brooks Robinson would be nice, wink wink) and am contemplating going after a raw panel set from each year, possibly just the minimum number of panels to get the full set and not the full runs.

Are these out there raw or are most panels slabbed by now? Not going to pursue these if the ungraded supply is low. I already have the albums so just need to deide if I go singles or panels. Any insight appreciated.

D. Broughman
06-13-2010, 05:19 PM
I picked these up about 25 years ago at a card show. Interested to see the response you get on this. :D

ALR-bishop
06-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Dave---I have the stamps and albums for both years , but did it in mixed singles and panels. It has been awhile since I put them together, but I think unless a set comes up, it will be very tough to do it one at a time in ungraded panel form

doug.goodman
06-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I've been working on both sets as raw full panels for a few years now, I think you would enjoy the chase. There are always many listed on ebay, but you will quickly find that some seem to be far easier to find than others. They would make great fodder for your (excellent) blog.

At the moment, I need 13 of 182 to complete my 1961 set, and 24 of 245 to complete my 1962 set.

I would bet that Larry (sflayank) has complete sets of both and will have info on non-issued (probably), but listed in the catalog, panels like the 1962 White / McBride.

Doug

toppcat
06-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I've been working on both sets as raw full panels for a few years now, I think you would enjoy the chase. There are always many listed on ebay, but you will quickly find that some seem to be far easier to find than others. They would make great fodder for your (excellent) blog.

At the moment, I need 13 of 182 to complete my 1961 set, and 24 of 245 to complete my 1962 set.

I would bet that Larry (sflayank) has complete sets of both and will have info on non-issued (probably), but listed in the catalog, panels like the 1962 White / McBride.

Doug

That's one of the reasons I want to try and just get one of each player in panel form in the most efficient way possible. I have to look again at my notes and the checklists but recall you did not need all panels to get all stamps.

I'm going to scout this out at the National and if it looks feasible probably dive in in the fall. Really, a three to five year project would work and these are realtively inexpensive, so I can throw some coin at T206 as I go on with that.

Thanks.

sflayank
06-14-2010, 07:44 PM
i have the 62 set completein panels except for white mcbride which im not sure exists
61s i have in singles much more difficult to find in panels
Dave...you can find many panels of 62s on ebay at minimum prices
and many singles of both years

lutherlafy
06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
I have almost 400 autographs in my stamp book from 1962. Here is the Yankee page.

toppcat
06-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Wow!

doug.goodman
06-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Wow! is right.

ALR-bishop
06-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Larry---the white McBride can only be found stuck to the back of the Sievers KC stamp ;)