PDA

View Full Version : Is this Ted Lyons? Burke Photo Help

prewarsports
06-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi guys. I had this photo identified at one time and I am thinking it was Ted Lyons, but I dont want to sell it as such and be wrong so I am hoping someone can help me with a positive ID on this White Sox player.

Thanks

Rhys

Scott Garner
06-13-2010, 02:19 PM
This does not look like Ted Lyons to me and I have seen plenty of photos of him. Perhaps a Chicago White Sox collector can identify the photo??

prewarsports
06-13-2010, 02:21 PM
That is why I posted it, I could not remember if it was him or not and I did not want to advertise it as such on ebay and be wrong. I will hold off on selling it until I can figure out who it is.

Thanks Scott

Rhys

Scott Garner
06-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi Rhys,
You're welcome! BTW, Take a look at my George Burke original photo of Ted Lyons as a comparison. Gook luck with getting your photo identified!
Scott

prewarsports
06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
A forum member e mailed me privatley and identified it as Luke Sewell.

I appreciate the help!

Rhys

mr2686
06-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Aghhhhh...that was driving me nuts. I knew I should know who that was, and in fact, if I had looked in my own archive I would have seen that was indeed Luke Sewell.
The picture I have isn't a great comparison, but I found this one when he was playing for Cincy...a little older by an exact match on the dental!

Brian Van Horn
06-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Rhys,

I have to agree with Mike that it is Luke Sewell. I do not have a smiling Luke Sewell, but you might want to check 1941 W set of the St. Louis Browns. Here is what I do have: