PDA

View Full Version : Advice on whether or not this is too fishy?

dstraate
06-04-2010, 02:25 PM
A guy has a double folder on ebay. It features Cobb and the middle picture shows Cobb sliding into 3rd (Shoeless Joe might even be in there somewhere):D

The guy says it's authentic but altered according to BVG

This is the receipt he posted: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=320542362052&Category=213

Normally, I would run like crazy from these types of things, but this is a card I've been madly in love with for a while, at a price that might be doable.

Would Beckett send this type of a receipt back, Why wouldn't they just slab it as "A"

Is this listing legit?

Thanks

barrysloate
06-04-2010, 02:40 PM
The card looks real but might be trimmed...and it's a triplefolder.

Leon
06-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I just checked a BVG submission slip from an Altered card I have and it looks different. That being said I would bet 99.9% that this BVG slip, the auction and the seller are all good. He has over 1500 perfect feedback and everything looks fine. Beckett and SGC are my favorite grading companies and I trust both of them very much. No worries, imo, on this auction. regards

T206Collector
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I think it's likely a trim job; possibly a recolor/bleach job

Bridwell
06-04-2010, 03:29 PM
It's a great looking card at, probably, a low price for the issue. If you aren't into grading, it would be a fine card to own. The back may be lightly bleached, or the top border trimmed a bit to even it out.

Ron

Jantz
06-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Would Beckett send this type of a receipt back, Why wouldn't they just slab it as "A"

When submitting cards for grading, usually the option is given as to slab a card if it has been altered or send it back to the owner unslabbed. Its the owner's choice.

Jantz