PDA

View Full Version : Difficult cards-24' Zeenut set

tennisguy
06-04-2010, 05:04 AM
I was wondering what are the toughest cards to acquire from this set? Thanks for any responses!

Ryan

FrankWakefield
06-04-2010, 06:38 AM
I think you'll find Cadore will cost a bit more than a common card, And to a lesser extent Schang. Cochrane and Waner are HOFers, and while they can be found, it takes bucks to pry one away from an owner. And a card of Moses Yellowhorse will cost you about as much as a Mickey Cochrane or a Paul Waner card.

There are some guys who can tell you better than that, they'll eventually chime in.

brianp-beme
06-04-2010, 07:04 AM
The 1924 set is one of several Zeenut years that doesn't seem to have any glaring rarities. This doesn't mean that a collector won't have difficulty tracking down a particular card...that is just the way it is with Zeenuts. Frank has mentioned the more popular cards--just keep in mind the HOF'er Cochrane is shown on the Portland team. The Sacramento Cochrane is a different player.

Brian

rhettyeakley
06-04-2010, 01:45 PM
There are certainly some tougher players in any Zeenuts set and there are some in the '24 set as well. That being said, none of the star players mentioned are really all that tough but there are a few Seattle players that will be particularly tough to find. A few seemingly tougher 24's that comes to mind are the E.Baldwin(Sea), and Walter Mails(Oak) cards. I have seen very few examples of them. Overall though the 1924 Zeenut set isn't as hard to throw together as the majority of other Zeenut sets as it is average in size and no legendary rarities.
-Rhett

tennisguy
06-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Thank you very much for the responses!

Ryan