PDA

View Full Version : Walter Johnson Auto?

Matthew H
06-01-2010, 03:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270584229097&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Does the slab header look like it has nothing to do with the auto to anyone else? Or is this some type optical illusion with the frame job? Seller states that the auto is still slabbed.

T206Collector
06-01-2010, 03:45 PM
You got me. I'd stay away -- too bizarre.

Pup6913
06-01-2010, 04:24 PM
The auto is worth more in the slab and framed up like that than cracked out and matted seperatly I would use caution on that one.

Matthew H
06-01-2010, 05:02 PM
The auto is worth more in the slab and framed up like that than cracked out and matted seperatly I would use caution on that one.

The seller said that the auto is still in the slab. Is that possible?
I thought the auto might be on the top of an index card or something...
I dont know. I'll stay away

Hankphenom
06-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Strange "W," never seen one like that before, but maybe a mistroke. Never seen a slab like that before, either. I'd certainly want a guarantee and then get it reslabbed. If all goes well, you might get yourself a bargain. If not, you're in for some trouble at least, and maybe a battle.
Hank Thomas

Matthew H
06-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Strange "W," never seen one like that before, but maybe a mistroke. Never seen a slab like that before, either. I'd certainly want a guarantee and then get it reslabbed. If all goes well, you might get yourself a bargain. If not, you're in for some trouble at least, and maybe a battle.
Hank Thomas

I just checked to cert # on PSA/DNA and it checks out as an authentic Walter Johnson auto... I guess that's one plus.

Also I would like to apologize for posting this on the wrong thread. I'm new :)

Pup6913
06-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Matt that slab would have to be a big one. I think about the size of a T3 to have that sig located there. Then there is another piece of paperwork that a slab that big would have interfered with. I also thought the sig was a bit off but I am no expert on that area.