PDA

View Full Version : WSSCA Show in Seattle (Shoreline), WA June 5th and 6th

AndrewJerome
05-28-2010, 07:38 PM
The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) Summer Convention will be held Saturday, June 5th and Sunday, June 6th.

There will be 43 tables. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The School's address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). If you have any questions do not hesitate to send me an email. Show hours are 9-5 on Saturday, and 9-3 on Sunday.

There will be pre-war cards at the show. Mark Macrae will be setting up, as will Keith Schneider (Gasoline Alley Antiques), and Rob Adesso, Bosox Blair and I also will have a hodgepodge of pre-war for sale.

I hope to see some Net 54ers at the show,

Andrew Jerome

Bosox Blair
05-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Hi Andrew,

Looking forward to this very much!

To those who are attending, I'll be selling some prewar baseball, and also to mix it up some, prewar hockey too! And I'm interested in buying prewar Boston Red Sox cards - so bring them in and let's talk!!!

Cheers,
Blair

FUBAR
05-28-2010, 08:15 PM
i wish i could attend but i am still unemployed.... i would have liked to meet some of you.

perezfan
05-29-2010, 12:09 AM
I should make it this time... Is Saturday usually the better of the 2 days?

Looking forward to the show and meeting some of you there!

oaks1912
05-29-2010, 12:36 AM
It will be nice to see many of the regulars up there...... Andrew, did you let Blair know that as a first time exhibitor, he has to pick up the tab on the Saturday night dinner...club rules.... :).. Will have some new material on display, including some freshly harvested vintage paper (over the next few days along the I-5 corridor)... Will there be a Max sighting? There might be some Billikens in Belliingham...:eek:

Kawika
05-29-2010, 01:19 AM
There might be some Billikens in Bellingham.
And I'm stuck in the godforsaken Tropics. Damn.

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/bbbofsfirstclass/holygrailcards/large/DSC01081.JPG

familytoad
05-31-2010, 06:30 PM
N54 Dudes,
I should be able to make it for this show...
I've got a couple things to attend to, but so far the early predictions are favorable.
Bring all of your low-to-mid grade HOFers, especially caramels...I'm sure to pick up at least a couple .

Hope to see y'all!

keithlyt
06-02-2010, 02:40 PM
What? no Beanie Babies???????!!!! wot kinda show is dis anyhoo!

Bosox Blair
06-04-2010, 11:12 AM
What? no Beanie Babies???????!!!! wot kinda show is dis anyhoo!

I seem to recall reading a pretty funny article about Dennis Purdy's harsh stance against Beanie Babies at the Tacoma Dome shows in the 1990s...no arguments from me ;).

Cheers,
Blair

qed2190
06-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I went to the WSSCA card show in the Seattle area today and picked up lots of vintage cards, mostly zeenuts for me but there are lots of obaks and other T and E cards there. It runs for one more day on Sunday.

SteveMitchell
06-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Like Larry, I was at the WSSCA show yesterday (virtually all day) and enjoyed myself immensely. If you are close, don't miss it! (I plan to return for a couple of hours this afternoon.)

Steve Mitchell

Vintagecatcher
06-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Sometimes it's tough to be a Pacific Coast collector when you live a few miles from the Atlantic Ocean and the Pacific Northwest shows are announced.

I'm curuious as to whether any HRKs were seen?

Thanks,

Patrick

familytoad
06-06-2010, 11:55 PM
My best made plans fell all apart this weekend and spoiled what has always been a hobby highlight...meeting up with pals at the WSSCA show and spending money and time with my son.
He's joined me a couple times and we make it a bonding time...

It sounds like I missed yet another fantastic show.

This one has been easier for me to make than the November show (typically), but the pressure is on now, as I will have to avoid all distractions and make it to Shoreline in the fall.

Sign me disappointed...

keithlyt
06-07-2010, 02:03 PM
ANOTHER reallllly great shooow! if only they would bring back Beanie Babies!

Bosox Blair
06-08-2010, 02:48 PM
ANOTHER reallllly great shooow! if only they would bring back Beanie Babies!

Keith,

:D

You are a funny man...nice chatting with you at the show...finally someone who appreciates my T-shirts!!!

Cheers,
Blair

williamcohon
06-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Once again, the show was top notch. Thanks to Andrew Jerome, Mark Macrae, and Keith Schneider, I now have ten more Obaks in my collection. Now that doesn't happen at a mall show!

Thanks very much.

oaks1912
06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Thanks to the cast of characters, its always a great time in Seattle... Even picked up a few things for the collection, besides the beanie babies that were all over the place..... In November, I'll bring my shredder along & we can have a good time choking it with some beanies , pogs, or counterfeit cards whatever happens to walk in unintentionally...:)