PDA

View Full Version : E93 Addie Joss MIA

Rob D.
05-28-2010, 02:49 PM
A couple of weeks ago the E93 of Addie Joss pictured below was sold via the B/S/T to a buyer in Fairfield, Conn. Apparently the card either was lost in the USPS system or was stolen. A refund has been issued. This is a request that if you happen to see this card offered for sale to please send me an e-mail or PM.

Thanks,

Rob

Bicem
05-28-2010, 02:51 PM
that sucks Rob, was it insured thru USPS?

M's_Fan
05-28-2010, 03:17 PM
LAME. Did you also have tracking info through USPS?

chaddurbin
05-28-2010, 03:24 PM
that sucks rob, damn north korean postal system. e93s always catch my eyes/interest so i'll be on the lookout for it.

Leon
05-28-2010, 04:13 PM
I will make sure I am on the lookout

ethicsprof
05-28-2010, 10:45 PM
Rob,
very distressed to hear this.
i'll definitely be on the lookout for this card.

best,
barry

ChiefBenderForever
05-29-2010, 02:16 PM
That really sucks Rob I hope it shows up somewhere what a bummer.

rhettyeakley
05-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Rob, that sucks.

However, I wouldn't completely give up hope as about a year and a half ago I sold a card to Matt W. and it never arrived at his place and I refunded his money and all that... one year later Matt received the item in the mail and the envelope apparently looked like it had just been mailed. So there is a small chance that it is just stuck somewhere and it COULD get to its destination at some point, odds aren't great but it's possible.

-Rhett

jp1216
05-29-2010, 05:27 PM
I 2nd what Rhett said. I had the same thing happen - I sold a card, item 'lost', claim filed etc - then about 3 months later, the card arrived untouched... weird. Good Luck...

Jon

Rob D.
05-29-2010, 07:14 PM
Rhett, Jon,

I agree. Twice in the past seven years I've had someone in my own state mail me something that took more than a month to arrive. I think the Joss eventually will arrive to its destination but wanted to post in case it has been hijacked.

Matt
05-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Rob, that sucks.

However, I wouldn't completely give up hope as about a year and a half ago I sold a card to Matt W. and it never arrived at his place and I refunded his money and all that... one year later Matt received the item in the mail and the envelope apparently looked like it had just been mailed. So there is a small chance that it is just stuck somewhere and it COULD get to its destination at some point, odds aren't great but it's possible.

-Rhett

It was actually 15 months - really, quite remarkable. I take it that it made the return trip much more quickly, correct?

rhettyeakley
05-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Matt, Wait a minute, you sent it back to me!?!:D

Rob D.
06-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Wanted to provide an update that today, nearly a month after it was mailed from central Ohio, the Joss arrived at its destination in Connecticut. The reason for the unusually lengthy journey? Insufficient postage in the amount of 34 cents.

Here are more details for those of you who use the USPS' self-serve machines:

On the same day I mailed the Joss, I also mailed a card to a board member in Honolulu. Both cards were in the same size SGC holders, both were packaged the same way in the same size envelopes. Using the scale on the USPS self-serve machine, the envelope to Honolulu weighed in at 3.7 ounces, the one to Connecticut 3.6 ounces. The amount of postage for first-class mail, as determined by the UsPS' machine, was $1.39 for each envelope. I bought the $1.39 stamps from the machine.

The card to Honolulu arrived in three days with no problems regarding the amount paid for postage. The card to Connecticut was deemed to have insufficient postage.

On a related note, when I mailed the four prizes for the board's NCAA Tournament contest -- also using the self-serve machine -- I was informed by two board members that their envelopes arrived with postage due. The other two envelopes arrived fine.

I think I'm done with the USPS self-serve machines. But I do look forward to our government being in charge of health care.

Kawika
06-14-2010, 06:05 PM
Rob: The DeLong Grove, a honey of a card btw, arrived in a timely fashion last month, albeit with a 34 cent postage due envelope affixed to it. Paid our intrepid mailman, The Postman of Alcatraz, the next day. No problemo. Coincidentally, when my father had open heart surgery in Vancouver a few years back, his co-pay was 34 cents. Just sayin'.

chaddurbin
06-14-2010, 06:08 PM
sure rob, always someone else's fault. blame it on the self-service machine that can't defend itself.

Bicem
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Priority Flat-Rate.

ethicsprof
06-15-2010, 12:53 AM
glad that it got there,buddy.

best,

barry

Myachelydra
06-15-2010, 03:59 AM
Great news! I hate opening USPS threads; at least this one had a positive outcome.