PDA

View Full Version : Connecting 1955 Ashland Oil Basketball Collectors

bbcard1
05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
It's a tough set. Please email me if you have some to spare or are working on a collection. I am trying to create an e-mail network of folks who are working on it, either the whole set or specific schools.

05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
You might want to post this in the postwar section: http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Leon
05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
We have a section for basketball but admittedly it doesn't get the page views this front page does, so this request is fine. Please be careful in the future to use the correct forums. If we can help connect collectors of an obscure set that can't be too bad so good luck!! Thanks again to everyone for making this board a great place.

wake.up.the.echoes
05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
(didn't mean to post that, LOL)

booyahlaw
05-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Great idea on the post. To put it simply, this set is a beast. I have been posting for months on the Basketball board regarding this set, so hopefully this post will have some crossover appeal to some of the baseball peeps.

Feel free to add me to the list and, for all that are interested, I have some dupes for sale or trade (mostly UK, Louisville, Western Kentucky, and a Murray State). Looking for players from the following teams: Marshall, West Virginia, Murray State, Eastern or Morehead.

Good luck to all, and feel free to PM regarding this set.

tklburg
05-27-2010, 08:29 AM
I think this is a great idea.........I am in the process of putting the entire set together and it is certainly a challenge........ if I get dups I will let you know.

bbcard1
05-27-2010, 08:43 AM
It is a very advanced set...I thought about this post before putting it here...but many basketball collectors don't know there was life before Jordan...and somehow the challenge and obscurity seemed to fit better here.

judgebuck
05-27-2010, 08:35 PM
booyahlaw, sent you a PM re your dupes. Thanks.

booyahlaw
05-27-2010, 09:58 PM
Just responded, your Honor.

On a side note, I am glad to see some fellow collectors of this set come out and join us--my posts in the Basketball forum regarding this set have received little response. Leon, thanks for allowing us some space on the "big board".

Phil

tbob
05-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Good luck to you all on this tough set. Even though I am a baseball guy and only have a couple of basketball sets, I found the interest among collectors in this thread very refreshing and it is a reminder that, after all, this is still a hobby. :)

Leon
05-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Just responded, your Honor.

On a side note, I am glad to see some fellow collectors of this set come out and join us--my posts in the Basketball forum regarding this set have received little response. Leon, thanks for allowing us some space on the "big board".

Phil

Your welcome, Phil. The essence of this whole board is to help collectors, plain and simple. So we let a vintage basketball thread go, it's not the end of the world for us baseball guys. And I agree with Tbob, it's really good to see some plain ole collecting spirit. Very refreshing.....Good luck with the set guys.

Jewish-collector
05-28-2010, 06:43 AM
I love vintage basketball. If you go to the National, I'll introduce you to some vintage basketball collectors.