PDA

View Full Version : trimmed?

mightyq
05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
hello fella's,
although the card i am asking about is a 1956 clemente the question is universal. the ? is, can a trimmed card have a rough cut to the edge ""after"" being trimmed?? i ask this because it was rejected by sgc as trimmed on the border as you can see in the scan. if this is a new way of trimming cards it just got alot harder to spot i would guess. sgc does a good job of showing you where they say it's been trimmed by using a black marker and outlining the area on the top loader. i got a concern because i recently sent in a large group for grading and some came back trimmed even though like i said a rough cut border and also cards measuring ok . i am going to cringe when my others start coming back.......thanks for any help and opinions. marty.

tbob
05-25-2010, 02:04 PM
hello fella's,
although the card i am asking about is a 1956 clemente the question is universal. the ? is, can a trimmed card have a rough cut to the edge ""after"" being trimmed?? i ask this because it was rejected by sgc as trimmed on the border as you can see in the scan. if this is a new way of trimming cards it just got alot harder to spot i would guess. sgc does a good job of showing you where they say it's been trimmed by using a black marker and outlining the area on the top loader. i got a concern because i recently sent in a large group for grading and some came back trimmed even though like i said a rough cut border and also cards measuring ok . i am going to cringe when my others start coming back.......thanks for any help and opinions. marty.

Marty- the card looks fine to me. I have seen a lot of 55s and 56s with that rough border in high number PSA slabs, don't have a clue why SGC would grade it that way. Compare this card to the cards in the thread from today called "Guess the Grade"