PDA

View Full Version : Baseball trade cards

PAUL KEETZ
05-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I've watched the threads here on Net54 for several months and am posting this to help my father out with his project. I don't know if this is the appropriate place. If not let me know.

LAST CALL! WANTED "Unknown items" for inclusionin the planned3rd edition of Baseball Advertising Trade Cards. Please send a photo of Both sidesof any baseball trade cardnot identified in the 2nd edition to fkeetz@nycap.rr.com or call 401-300-9569 (Paul Keetz).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Paul

Leon
05-24-2010, 07:14 PM
Hi Paul
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. Can you elaborate a little more on what you are trying to do? This is most likely the correct place to post about it. regards

fkw
05-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Paul, I just tried 2 times to send an email, but they both got kicked back as failed - Invalid mailbox.

Is the email correct?

Thanks, looking forward to getting the updated 3rd edition. I use my 2nd edition all the time, and it was hard to locate one a few years back when I got it. :)

PAUL KEETZ
05-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry, I had the wrong email address. The correct one is fkeetz@nycap.rr.com

canjond
05-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Leon- Sounds like Paul Keetz is the son of Frank Keetz. Frank has published the collecting guides on baseball trade cards and is a wonderful source for information on all aspects of the early game. I first met Frank when I was just a young kid and I will personally vouch for him. I also used to work for Frank's son Ed (Paul, sounds like Ed is your brother).

PAUL KEETZ
05-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes, Frank is my father and Ed is my brother. My father is putting together a new baseball trade card book and I thought some members of the forum may
have additional cards in their collections. Thanks for the help.
Paul

Jewish-collector
05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
Paul,

Is your brother Ed the one that used to do those "vintage" card shows in upstate New York. I used to talk to him on the phone about bringing in former NYU basketball great Barry Kramer for an autograph signing. :D

WillowGrove
05-24-2010, 09:15 PM
And I used to do the Albany show at the Polish Community Center while attending college. Great show. $80 profit meant beer money for a long long time. Please say hello to your brother for me and good luck with the 3rd edition - peter fishman

barrysloate
05-25-2010, 04:41 AM
Paul- I have a copy of your dad's trade card book and it is an invaluable resource. I have been using it for years. And please send your dad my best regards. Sincerely, Barry Sloate

Rich Klein
05-25-2010, 04:45 AM
It's been a long time but I used to do the PCC shows in Albany and I loved chatting wiht both your brother and your father. Please give both of them my best

Rich Klein