PDA

View Full Version : Botox for the Delong and Tummy Tuck for my Goudey!!

Leon
05-24-2010, 01:53 PM
I thought I had heard it all.....

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=124038

barrysloate
05-24-2010, 02:03 PM
I was as shocked as you are. And these cards are apparently getting graded.:confused:

Matt
05-24-2010, 02:09 PM
I had assumed he was joking.

Leon
05-24-2010, 02:14 PM
I had assumed he was joking.

I don't think so....very scary on these. Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't botox in humans wear off after a while, hence the need for more injections? Maybe the grading companies could leave holes in the slabs for a future nip and tuck, or injection, as needed?

calvindog
05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Matt, Ray Charles told me he saw Dick's cards and that he was, in fact, joking.

Matt
05-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Matt, Ray Charles told me he saw Dick's cards and that he was, in fact, joking.

nice. :)

Ladder7
05-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Matt, Botox does work, for a few months anyways. He'd better move em fast.

http://www.rainbodragon.com/shar_pei_imagee.gif

barrysloate
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Matt- you assumed he was joking, and Leon and I assumed he was telling the truth. As we know you can't pick up someone's tone on a message board. Maybe Dick would like to tell us if it's real or if it's memorex.

DICKTOWLE
05-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I give up- even joking, you guys are funny, I needed a good laugh botox or bust-- please you took me that serious. WOW

barrysloate
05-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I didn't know you were joking Dick. Well, in all fairness, you do work with chemicals to clean up cards, right?

Leon
05-24-2010, 02:28 PM
I give up- even joking, you guys are funny, I needed a good laugh botox or bust-- please you took me that serious. WOW

Dick - you said you have taken wrinkles and creases out of cards (I believe)....and also you remove stains, which I might not have a problem with personally if you don't use a solvent that would deteriorate the card later in life, so how are we to know when you are being serious or joking?

This isn't meant towards you individually but when someone tells an untruth, then says they are telling the truth, how do we believe them?

As an analogy, I suggest that if you are a card doctor, you don't make jokes about doctoring cards. People might believe you.....

Matt
05-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Oooh - what do I win?
:)

andybecker
05-24-2010, 02:34 PM
lmfao!

FUBAR
05-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Wouldn't the botox leave a needle mark?? and the tummy tuck a scar? (or surface crease in card lingo! :D

FUBAR
05-24-2010, 02:54 PM
This isn't meant towards you individually but when someone tells an untruth, then says they are telling the truth, how do we believe them.

Leon, i think we can get his comments authenticated by Coach's Corner! I hear they do this type of thing!

calvindog
05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Oooh - what do I win?
:)

Permanent exemption from the Slow Learners Class.

A modicum of self respect.

Jim VB
05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
I knew Dick was joking. I thought Barry was joking too!

Leon,

I do not recall Dick ever talking about taking creases out, but I may have missed it. I remember that he used a variety of chemical to remove crud and/or stains from cards.

Leon
05-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Leon,

I do not recall Dick ever talking about taking creases out, but I may have missed it. I remember that he used a variety of chemical to remove crud and/or stains from cards.

Hence the (I believe) .......I wasn't positive but thought he does that too....I could be wrong, which is more than I can say for one person on this board who has never admitted to being wrong....

barrysloate
05-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Jim- I truly thought that this was simply something that Dick concocted in his card repair shop. Was I gullible? I suppose so. But like Leon said, one shouldn't make jokes about doctoring cards when you sell a chemical that removes stains from cards.

3-2-count
05-24-2010, 03:23 PM
I gotta be honest with you. Any talk of taking out wrinkles chemically, even if only joking, your really taking a chance of offending collectors on a baseball card chat board.
Just my two cents.

Peter_Spaeth
05-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I knew Dick was joking. I thought Barry was joking too!

Leon,

Wrinkles he admits to.

DICKTOWLE
member Join Date: May 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector
Dick,

I hope you will continue to post regarding your process and practice. Given some collectors' concerns about what you do, you are likely to be met with some measure of venom on public internet chatboards. I hope that this does not cause you to stop the dialogue. It is important for us as a hobby to understand the full extent of what is really going on out there.

Thanks again for your posts.

T 206 Thank you for the kind words, I have already received many emails and even a phone call at my home in support what I do. PAPER WRINKLES, GLUED IN CARDS, GLUE ON CARDS, WAX AND GUM STAINS, INDENTS, TAPE, JUST GARBAGE ON A CARD. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT.

Jim VB
05-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks for doing the legwork Peter. That's why I said "I may have missed it."

Jim VB
05-24-2010, 05:58 PM
I just went back and re-read the thread Peter cited.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=743851#post743851

Dick seems to be adamant that he removes "wrinkles" but doesn't do anything with "creases."

Personally, that's splitting the hair too finely for my liking.

Peter_Spaeth
05-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Dick also said, "I never sold anything and never will" on that thread. What does that mean?

By the way, I give Dick a lot of credit for the Botox remark -- very funny!!

Leon
05-24-2010, 07:03 PM
I have to give Dick credit too. The botox remark was pretty good. It's a shame I could possibly take it seriously, but then again I am kinda slow :(.

DICKTOWLE
05-25-2010, 10:56 AM
Peter, thank you for the remark, it was indeed to be funny, we all need a good laugh, it just makes us feel better. There was a comment made I sell the chemicals, well that is a joke also, never have and never will. I enjoy working with people, to help there issues, but allow me to say please , I never add anything to a card, never. Thank you all again from many Chat 54 members over this last year for there suppport. Chat 54 is very good to listen, explore thoughts with others, and learn from many experts in the field. LL, keep up the good work.