PDA

View Full Version : Mastro still in business?

LOUCARDFAN
05-21-2010, 01:15 PM
I was looking at the dealer list for this years National Convention in Baltimore and noticed that Bill Mastro with Mastro Auctions, Inc. is scheduled to have a booth in section 117P. I first thought that it could be Legendary Auctions but I noticed that they were listed separately and in a different space.

Does anyone know if he ever got out of the business or is getting back in?

http://www.nsccshow.com/images/2010Images/Dealer%20List%20Booth%20Numbers.pdf

calvindog
05-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Bill is too busy helping the children to be involved in the baseball card business anymore. God bless that man.

Matt
05-21-2010, 02:45 PM
I think as part of the agreement, Bill must have a table at every National in case the FBI needs to deliver any subpoenas.

HRBAKER
05-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Matt,

:D:D:D

Peter_Spaeth
05-21-2010, 02:50 PM
He is listed as Palos Park, IL. The old Mastro was Burr Ridge, right? So is this actually a reconstituted business?

chaddurbin
05-21-2010, 02:57 PM
can't a guy just try to make an honest living without people getting on his case?

calvindog
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
can't a guy just try to make an honest living without people getting on his case?

I don't think anyone would ever have a problem with Bill Mastro if he actually tried to make an honest living.

tbob
05-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't think anyone would ever have a problem with Bill Mastro if he actually tried to make an honest living.

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff... :D

ichieh
05-21-2010, 06:09 PM
you guys are all down on Bill, what about the other old Mastro team members, Doug Allen and Mark Theotikos. They continue their scheme with Legendary Auction.

Jewish-collector
05-21-2010, 06:21 PM
I like Bill. He's always been nice to me. Maybe I'll invite him to dinner with me in Baltimore. Maybe, he'll pay. :D

Peter_Spaeth
05-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Alan aren't you hanging with Barkman? :D:D

calvindog
05-21-2010, 07:05 PM
you guys are all down on Bill, what about the other old Mastro team members, Doug Allen and Mark Theotikos. They continue their scheme with Legendary Auction.

I hear that Doug is applying the skills he acquired at Mastro in real estate these days.

Exhibitman
05-23-2010, 12:10 PM
It's the New Coke of auctioneers!

oldjudge
05-23-2010, 09:07 PM
I hope Bill and his family are well and I would love to see him at the National.

Bridwell
05-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Perhaps he's with us right now, under an anonymous name.

Leon
05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Perhaps he's with us right now, under an anonymous name.

I know Bill pretty well. I like him and have never had a problem with him. I think he reads the board but will not sign up under an anonymous name ....and risk me calling to say hi, as I frequently do to registrants. Even this morning I have denied a membership due to the person not wanting to give the information.

And this comment coming from the person that thinks he wins lots in auctions that get attacked with viruses and have to be shut down. I guess it takes all kinds....

quinnsryche
05-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Bill lives in Palos, the building they worked out of was in Burr Ridge. He is a personal friend of my father's and has always been very cordial to me. Sorry to hear so many bad things being said about him (true or untrue).

theuclakid
05-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I have known Bill since the mid 80's when my wife and I purchased $1000 worth of T206'S (my wife really liked the "art") at the 1985 Anaheim Disneyland National......I also remember the legendary dealings taking place in Bills (and Robs) motel room at the now defunct Willow Grove George Washington Lodge back in the 80's before the move to Fort Washington in 1989)...he has always been friendly, cordial to me, and always says hello at the national even if we have not spoken for a long time...he spent a long time talking to my wife (her first national attended since 1990) and I at the 2006 Anaheim National...also, I have never had a problem with the Mastro/Legendary auctions....I hope his (their) problems get reconciled....it is my opinion that if he is guilty of anything (correct me if I am wrong, but nothing has been prove-in in a court of law that I know of), then there are many others in the industry that should be in the "guilty line" right behind him...take care Bill....hope to see you again....Bruce Perry from "sunny" CA (still winter here, there was no spring)

dstudeba
06-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Mastro is no longer listed as a participant according to the list at that link the 117P booth is listed as Gordon Sports.

MikeS
06-26-2010, 11:51 AM
I know I'm nowhere close to half the board's knowledge of the industry/ history, but is it now common place to start responding to a post with sophomoric humor within Net54? I don't think a month has gone by without someone asking a simple question that turned into a bunch of little bitches throwing out their one liners. Focus on what this forum is here for.....otherwise ask yourself what contributions have you made over the years that really impacted new/future collectors to gain focus on the Pre-war market......probably nowhere close to Bill so let's move on ladies.

whitehse
06-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I know I'm nowhere close to half the board's knowledge of the industry/ history, but is it now common place to start responding to a post with sophomoric humor within Net54? I don't think a month has gone by without someone asking a simple question that turned into a bunch of little bitches throwing out their one liners. Focus on what this forum is here for.....otherwise ask yourself what contributions have you made over the years that really impacted new/future collectors to gain focus on the Pre-war market......probably nowhere close to Bill so let's move on ladies.

Wow,

have been in the hobby 35 years and have been on these boards for at least 5 but rarely post unless i feel I can contribute...but your post is a bit in your face is it not????

FUBAR
06-26-2010, 12:17 PM
a bunch of little bitches throwing out their one liners. Focus on what this forum is here for.....what contributions have you made over the years that really impacted new/future collectors to gain focus on the Pre-war market......probably nowhere close to Bill so let's move on ladies.

Feel free to block this "little bitch" at any time... witty banter is about all i can teach anyone on this board!

Some advice my friend, life is too short to not have humor in it! Remember you never get out of life alive so just enjoy it and don't dwell on such silliness. :D:p:D:p:D:p (and yes i'm making faces at you)