PDA

View Full Version : Potential Value of Newspaper Printing Plates?

Browncow75
05-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey Guys,
My aunt recently got a group of around 20 newspaper printing plates (St. Louis Globe Democrat to be exact, which no longer exists) from the 80's when the Cardinals made the World Series, and other related Cardinals pages. They are the ones that were actually used to print the pages of the paper, and she is offering them to me at a really good (family) price, I believe. Would you have any info on what these might be worth in the memorabilia market? I dont have any pics at the moment but when I do, I can try to post some. Just curious to see if this is something you guys have in your collections, or if they are worth framing in your opinion. Thanks!

Brandon

olsport
05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Hard to say without seeing all of them. With all the steriod stuff that came out with Mark McGuire these past years, the demand for these will not be there very much. But they are pretty scarce. The price range I would guess would be around 25.00 for lesser pages to 50.00 to 75.00 for front page like McGuire hits _____ homer. All this depends if you can find someone (as usual with all collectibles).