PDA

View Full Version : E107 Complete Set???

quinnsryche
05-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Now that I have your attention:), does anyone know if the e107 set was ever reprinted in it's entirety? How about something in print that shows a photo of each card? For one who can't even afford 1 example of this issue, it would be nice to at least hold something tangible like a reprint set or printed sheet(s). That said, does anyone actually own a complete set (with or without variations)? Has at least 1 example of every card been verified to actually exist? I have seen the vintagecardpricer.com examples but they are incomplete and I would like to have something on paper.
Thanks in advance!

barrysloate
05-20-2010, 11:37 AM
I believe one collector is within a team change variation of completing the set. Others have made great headway, but nobody has them all. I'm not familiar with a reprint set or a complete set that has been photographed.

sb1
05-20-2010, 12:58 PM
As Barry noted, one collector is down to one team variation. Another needs 8 or 9, the person currently in third needs approx. 15, next in line needs 19.

While there are only 147 subjects currently catalogued, it appears after 100+ years the other 3 may or may not exist of the "series of 150 different". Of note is the fact that these cards were probably issued in 1903 and 1904 from the various team changes, along with the fact that many of the players exhibit different text typesetting of the name and team. Further they may or may not have all been issued by Breisch-Williams, it is highly possible that the blank backs and even the 150's without the overprint were used by different vendors??

Scott

CobbSpikedMe
05-20-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't think this is a complete set but here's a site that has most of the E107set images for you.

http://e107bernhard.tripod.com/e107referencepage.html

Thanks,

AndyH

quinnsryche
05-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I don't think this is a complete set but here's a site that has most of the E107set images for you.

http://e107bernhard.tripod.com/e107referencepage.html

Thanks,

AndyH

Thanks for the link. That's great!

drdduet
05-20-2010, 02:34 PM
"There are more things under heaven and earth than are dreamed about in your philosophies" Hamlet via Shakespeare

deadballera
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
down to 145 for a complete set..

You may want to check with Larry Fritsch for a reprint set.