PDA

View Full Version : Trading cards on Net54 ? -Clarification ADDED -

deadballera
05-19-2010, 05:03 PM
WHEN NO MONEY IS INVOLVED...

How safe is this ?

Who receives the cards first before the other is sent ?

I know this is buyer/trader beware...but wanted some thoughts and experiences.

thanks

Rob D.
05-19-2010, 05:14 PM
I can't remember the last time I waited until I received payment before sending cards that a board member purchased. Never have had a problem.

Of course, now I've jinxed myself.

Kawika
05-19-2010, 05:18 PM
Rob: The check is in the mail. Really.

JP
05-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I've done at least 40-50 deals here. Payment and cards were always sent at the same time. No problems. Just don't do business with a one-poster that no one knows for big bucks.

B O'Brien
05-19-2010, 05:46 PM
If it is more than a couple hundred bucks and I haven't done business with them before, or see them do business with other folks, I'll wait. No worries with all the regulars from anything that I have seen.
Bob

Robextend
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Countless trades/purchases without any issues.

pgellis
05-19-2010, 06:11 PM
My first purchase off of the BST was from a guy that didn't know me from anyone else. When I agreed on the purchase price, he said that the cards were going out in the mail the next day......I told him that I probably couldn't get a check in the mail for a few days.....he said "no problem".

Because he was so genorous, I made sure that the check was in the mail the next day.

I have never had a problem. I did make one trade and we both told each other that the cards were going out the next day.....and they did. No problems.

Thanks Rob.

HRBAKER
05-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Dozens of BST transactions (90% as a buyer) and absolutely no issues.

FUBAR
05-19-2010, 06:19 PM
ive done 4 deals on BST now, ive always sent payment first... doesn't bother me to do so.. if i want to buy your item, it only makes sense.

the 4 guys have been really great, nice and polite.

pclpads
05-19-2010, 06:24 PM
No problems so far w/ the trades I've had on this site. Thanks mainly to Leon's efforts, Net54 is a clean house. It's also the honor system, you don't screw a board member or you're outed! In other words, don't s--t where you eat! That said, I've also had my share of dealing with a few goofballs here in arranging transactions that, in hindsight, fortunately never happened.

brickyardkennedy
05-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Always a pleasure dealing with these guys. Every purchase I've ever made has been in my hands, in a few days. I can't just be lucky, in hooking up with the good guys and believe they are reflective of everyone on this board, with the (thankfully) rare exception.

I'd like to have said, "great guys", but not sure what I'd be getting myself into.;)

BCauley
05-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I've only sold a few things, back in '07 before I deployed and had zero issues. I've purchased a good handful of things over the past year or so. I've had nothing but good experiences and my most recent was a great transaction with a great person.

Luckily, I've only had one clown when I was looking to purchase. Thankfully, I didn't deal with him and found a better card at a better price a few days later! :D

Leon
05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
I have never had a problem doing things on the BST but there might be some bias in dealing with me. I just want to reiterate it is buyer beware over there. There are no formal rules other than common etiquette. The only recourse the other mods or I have is to take away rights on the board. Everything else would have to be handled legally if something did go wrong (knock on wood). Anyone can PM me for a reference or ask your trading partner for references. If someone won't give any I would like to know about it. regards

Cat
05-19-2010, 08:57 PM
I've done a fair amount on the BST. I don't expect people to know my name since I use an alias to log in. I always drop names with folks I haven't dealt with before. YOu may normally get a statement like this from me: "I've done numerous deals with Brian McQ, Leon L, Wes L., Richard W. and Matt G."

Now if you come back and say: "who are those people?" I just might hold your card until I receive your check. :)

Every BST has went very smooth.

ethicsprof
05-19-2010, 09:48 PM
BST has been the #1 place for me to buy or trade for some years now.

best,
barry

smtjoy
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I have done some pretty big trades and they have all been great, just finished one today for over 1k in cards each. Its one of my favorite parts of the hobby, as I have met some great collectors from my trades.

On trading it has been standard for both parties to agree on what mail service to use (Registered, Priority, Fedex, etc) then send out both at the same time. Exchange confirmations so they can follow your shipment. On all trades I always use signature confirm over DC just to help, if there ever is a problem, its each parties job to make sure your cards get to them safe so package your cards as secure as possible.

nebboy
05-19-2010, 10:20 PM
I just made a deal just minutes ago - I can tell you how nice and fair the guys that Ive been buying and trading with in a short time. My collection is growing by leaps. :D Im happy and Id like to send out a Thanks to all the gentleman that helped me out this month.

AndrewJerome
05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
I have completed many deals on the b/s/t, with no problems at all. In my opinion the proper protocol for a trade is for both parties to mail the cards as soon as reasonably possible after the trade is finalized.

Andrew

deadballera
05-20-2010, 09:09 AM
clarification added

tbob
05-20-2010, 09:54 AM
I've done quite a few sales/purchases on BST and never a problem. The card swapping I have done has been with regular 54 posters and also no problems. I would be a little leary about swapping cards with someone I haven't previously "seen" on 54 if the cards are expensive, I'd try to converse and get some information first. When I have "seen" the seller/buyer/swapper on 54 before I always send the money order or paypal or send the cards right out. Never had an unreasonable delay or lost card on the other end. Much better than ebay....;)

milkit1
05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Trades have went great for me. In fact I started a trade thread that quickly died. Here it is:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=123022

Got three trades accomplished that week and all went wonderfully. Of course these were small valued cards. Id say if the cards have a value over a certain amount , get a moderator involved. At least that way there is some recrod of what is agreed upon which is slightly better then your word versues there s

Hope that helps :)
sean