PDA

View Full Version : Maravich RC PSA 9(OC) or PSA 8?

jb217676
05-18-2010, 07:54 PM
If this card was cracked and re-submitted to PSA asking for no qualifiers, does anyone think this card could be graded a PSA 8? The centering on it is better than some PSA 8 Maravich RC's I've seen lately. What do you guys think?

wake.up.the.echoes
05-19-2010, 09:18 AM
i think it would probably grade the same (PSA 9oc).

It's a great card as is. I would just leave it alone and maybe look to "steal" a straight 8 for your registry somewhere down the line.

Alan

jb217676
05-19-2010, 10:12 AM
That pic was pulled from an auction I was looking at. Probably safer to wait for an honest 8 to come up for auction.

wake.up.the.echoes
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
not worth the "effort"/cost of buying that one, then popping and resubmitting. if you are patient, you'll find a PSA 8 auction with no reserve and you'll end up paying fair market value for it, or maybe if you're lucky, you'll get it for less. I'd rather have a nicely centered straight near mint/7.

the maravich registry should be fun! wish you luck on the comspec. please post it if you end up securing one! -alan

05-19-2010, 11:52 AM
If this card was cracked and re-submitted to PSA asking for no qualifiers, does anyone think this card could be graded a PSA 8? The centering on it is better than some PSA 8 Maravich RC's I've seen lately. What do you guys think?

You can ask for no qualifiers?

jb217676
05-19-2010, 12:03 PM
You can ask for no qualifiers?

You sure can. I've done it before. PSA will say something like "this request will be placed with your order" and that qualifiers will only be used on the most obvious defects. If you have writing on your card, it will always get a qualifier. But if it's OC but not too OC, you could ask for no qualifiers and get a lower numerical grade. This has been my experience. That's why you see PSA 9(OC) cards that look the same as PSA 7 cards. A qualifier takes two grades off your card.