PDA

View Full Version : May 2010 "A picture is worth a thousand words"

thekingofclout
05-18-2010, 06:08 AM
Your .02 worth please...

Lordstan
05-18-2010, 06:53 AM
Thompson: Ralph, I'm going to keep my hands here just in case you get any funny ideas.

Branca: (Said under breath) You bastard. You are lucky the cameras are here or I'd be choking the shit out of you!

Kawika
05-18-2010, 04:03 PM
"The Giants win the pennant! And they're going crazy!"

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/bbbofsfirstclass/holygrailcards/websize/The%20Shot%20Heard%20Round%20the%20World.jpg

Lordstan
05-18-2010, 04:12 PM
David,
That is a fantastic pic I have never seen before. Great perspective.
I think it would make a great Kreindler.
Mark

Kawika
05-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Mark: It is the depiction of the Ultimate High Water Mark of Giant Fandom; unfortunately I do not own the photo. I concur that Graig the Great could further immortalize the moment most ably in widescreen Kreindlercolor.

Lordstan
05-18-2010, 06:17 PM
David,

My dad was a big Giants fan. Ott was his guy. Broke his heart when they moved. Was sentenced to the rest of his life, being a Mets fan. I share the same fate.
The pic is likely the perfect moment to capture. Branca and Thomson both in follow through. The ball, mid-flight, still in the infield, on its way to heaven.

You have the greatest way with words. I think Graig should copyright "Kreindlercolor."

Mark

Kawika
05-18-2010, 08:04 PM
I think Graig should copyright "Kreindlercolor."

No charge.

Iwantmorecards77
05-30-2010, 10:43 PM
The negatives (perhaps the original photo - I'm not 100% sure) of that photo of Thomson hitting the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" are in my family (I do not have them myself.) The photo was taken by Rudolph Mancuso Sr. (my grandfather) He always loved telling his Giants stories!

thekingofclout
05-31-2010, 08:30 AM
The negatives (perhaps the original photo - I'm not 100% sure) of that photo of Thomson hitting the "Shot Heard 'Round the World" are in my family (I do not have them myself.) The photo was taken by Rudolph Mancuso Sr. (my grandfather) He always loved telling his Giants stories!

How cool is that! Is this the particular image your grandfather took?

Regards, Jimmy

Iwantmorecards77
05-31-2010, 09:39 AM
Jimmy,

It's pretty cool! My grandfather loved baseball and his Giants....then the Yankees (I'm a Mets fan!) He was always proud of his picture!

The picture Kawika (David) posted is my grandfather's. Joshua Prager (author of The Echoing Green) spent some time with my grandfather and attended his funeral last year. Prager is a class act all the way.

Todd