PDA

View Full Version : 1917 Baseball Card Game Questions

aelefson
05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi-
I recently acquired the game scanned below, and I had a few questions I was hoping someone might be able to help with.
1. Who made it?
2. Is it a common card game? I am familiar with the Educard games of the 1950s that are quite common, and I was wondering if there is a fairly significant amount of these still around.
3. Any additional information you have regarding this game or others like it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Alan Elefson
aelefson@hotmail.com

Leon
05-15-2010, 08:23 PM
1. Who made it? Not sure
2. Is it a common card game? Yes I am familiar with the Educard games of the 1950s that are quite common, and I was wondering if there is a fairly significant amount of these still around. Yes, I have a deck and have seen at least 20 on ebay over the years.
3. Any additional information you have regarding this game or others like it would be greatly appreciated. They are fairly inexpensive and I think I have seen decks mostly go for low amounts, maybe $20-$30, but some have gone higher I believe. I have had mine for at least 7-9 yrs.

aelefson
05-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Thank you Leon! I really appreciate the information. I really like the staement on the front of the box as it probably ties into some of the xenophobia of the times.
Thanks again,
Alan

jbsports33
05-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Alan,

thanks I bought it from Barry today, I will do some research on the game. If I find any more info I will let you know. The date is uncommon and harder to find, there are similar games from the 1920s. This one in particular is a bit better but still common. I am glad I was able to get it, even had the directions card

Jimmy