PDA

View Full Version : Ebay: Feed back

hunterdutchess
05-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I recently sold a card on ebay and when the buyer recevied it he then changed his mind and decided that he did not want the card. He immediatly opened a dispute and sent me a message that he wanted a refund. I asked him what the problem was and he told me that the card "looks like junk". I said okay thinking that he is crazy because I put a scan of the card on the auction page but I did not want any bad feedback so I gave him his refund. He then gave me bad feedback and I have now lost my %100 with over 300+ stars 90% selling. Is it just me or does this seem really unfair?

ChiefBenderForever
05-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I would call ebay and talk to them, since you refunded him they need to remove the negative. If they don't tell them you are done with ebay and if that doesn't work keep trying until they do it. It's really sad what ebay has become.

danc
05-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Only the buyer can remove the feedback. You can fill out a form and the buyer has ten days to agree to reverse the feedback.

It has happened to me and I was downright PISSED and there was nothing I could do about it. I kept writing eBay e-mails and they kept giving me the same canned response that they cannot change the feedback, regardless.

This person who won it from you doesn't seem all that bright and you could do what one of my friends did and that's write an e-mail to them, threatening to sue for libel. It worked for him and that reversed the feedback.

Ebay doesn't care and this is reason number #786 why I hate eBay.

Good luck. I feel your pain.

DanC

bbcard1
05-15-2010, 07:10 PM
You will sleep better if you just post a comment and forget about it. After 6 months, it sort of "goes away" anyway. I know it is aggrevating...I lost my perfect rating over a $2 item that I worked with the guy and he was pleased with the transaction AFTER he had left negative fb but he never could figure out how to remove it...posted a nice comment to that effect. I may well just be jaded, but i only look at fb if I am dropping pretty decent money on something.

JP
05-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm surprised the easy remedy here has not been suggested. Since you refunded the buyer, you nee to let eBay know through the automated channels that you and the buyer have agreed to cancel the transaction. You can't have negative feedback for a transaction that no longer exists. Simple and 100% assured. Just let eBay and paypal know right away!

collectbaseball
05-15-2010, 08:13 PM
You should also cancel the transaction because otherwise you're charged final value fees....

JP
05-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Ooh, good point Dan! Ok, so assuming you processed the refund through paypal, on eBay start the transaction cancellation notification. When that is accepted the feedback will disappear and you can then request what is called a "final value fee credit". You also can probably relist and save your initial listing fees if it sells the second time.

cfc1909
05-15-2010, 08:54 PM
I only left a neg 1 time and that was for charging crazy shipping money. Should cancel the feedback if you cancel the transaction.

When buying I also stopped leaving feed back until it is left for me. I have left it too many times and receive nothing in return. When I buy I pay right away and have done all I can do-If I receive feedback I do the same and if I don't, I do the same.

Jim VB
05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Canceling the transaction requires the consent of both parties. He may not agree to it.

JP
05-15-2010, 10:07 PM
Canceling the transaction requires the consent of both parties. He may not agree to it.

Actually, not exactly true. If he requested a refund and was given one through Paypal (an eBay subsidiary) then whether he agrees to it or not, eBay will cancel the transaction. Sending a "buyer and seller agree to cancel the transaction" notice is merely a formality in what eBay sees as already a canceled transaction. If the buyer doesn't respond, then eBay may even refund the listing fees as well....

I sold a PSA graded 1956 Topps Willie Mays, buyer got the card and said he didn't agree with the grade. I said something smartass in return like "what does that have to do with me?" and he negged me. He asked for a refund, eBay required him to give tracking info in sending it back to me, and upon receipt he was refunded. Transaction was canceled out and my feedback is back to perfect.