PDA

View Full Version : Can you search old Mastro Auctions?

baseballart
05-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I am trying to find a scan from an item auctioned in (I believe) an old Mastro auction. I don't think their website is still functional, although I can't even recall what it was (mastronetauctions.com?)

Anyone have an idea how to find the auction information? I seem to recall a web search tool called "look back", but I think you needed an exact url for this.

(The image I am looking for is (off topic) the dust jacket from Busting Em, a 1914 book written by Cobb. I think the auction was back around 1998, but that date is foggy. The book was part of Steve Cummings' collection, which also included incredible Reds memorablia.

If anyone has a scan of the book dj, I'd love to get a copy.)

Thanks,

Max

slidekellyslide
05-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Max, if you log in you should be able to search old auctions.

edited to add: I just re-read you post and I'm not sure that Legendary's archives go back to 1998.

autograf
05-14-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=20184

baseballart
05-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I am tempted to reply to Dan and Tom's posts: "But aren't Mastro and Legendary separate legal entities?", but I won't. :)

Thanks,

Max

barrysloate
05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Hi Max- it was About Time Auctions that sold the Steve Cummings copy of Bustin Em. Sadly, Jerry and I did not keep a scan of the dj, and the picture in his catalog is very tiny. I don't recall ever seeing the book sold again, but I could be wrong.