PDA

View Full Version : 1968 Topps Bench Rookie

Browncow75
05-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Hey Guys,
I managed to have a "first" in my collecting career! I traded some new shiny cards for a 1968 Bench rookie, and much to my surprise, when I took it to show a local dealer my new "prize", he took out a loupe, and proceeded to tell me I finally have my very own "COUNTERFEIT" card! Woo-hoo! I heard these existed, but being a primarily prewar collector, never suspected someone would take the time to counterfeit a $50 card! I should have suspected something was up, because the front had a "washed out" sun faded appearance, but thats just my own lack of knowledge that cost me this time. Now I know to be a little more cynical at local card shows. Just thought I would share this unique personal experience with the board!

Brandon

FUBAR
05-08-2010, 05:05 PM
I was looking at Bench cards last night on the bay and wondering if some were fake, seem to be alot of them on there. Im not sure how to tell with that particular card but i am sure someone on here has the info.

Browncow75
05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey Jim,
Have I got the card for you! Its way cheaper than any of those you will find on Ebay......

No, Im not gonna pass this on, I would hate for anyone to feel as screwed as I do! The darn dealer didnt even offer a kiss to seal the deal! LOL
Besides, its the only Bench rookie I have :p

Brandon

mickey7mantle7
05-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Brandon...can u scan it? That sucks though man. Apologies on your loss.

Browncow75
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Hey David,
I will try to get a scan of it. My scanner is acting up so I might have to use a friends' scanner so I will post ASAP.