PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Help!

pgellis
05-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I own a trophy shop and have a client that has a broken baseball trophy figure. It is beyond repair. I am trying to track down an identical trophy figure. It is of a baseball player with his arm stretched above his head with a ball in his glove. I am looking to purchase just the trophy figure, but would be willing to purchase an entire trophy to disassemble. The trophy is from 1965, but I am pretty sure the figure may pre-date the trophy by as much as ten years earlier. I think the figure may date to early 1950s.
Please, if anyone can help, please contact me. Much appreciated.

Notice the bottom of the base of the figure that is still attached to the rest of the trophy. Notice the decorative work around the base of the figure.

pgellis
05-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Friendly Bump.

The only reason that I am bumping so soon as that this is a very time-sensitive situation with my client and if I can't find a replacement very soon, I have to go to Plan B.

Does anyone have any leads at all? Thank you very much for looking.

Phil

olsport
05-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Not sure on your time frame and price paying on this, but I may have what you are looking for depending on your price?? Mine is mint condition from about the same time period 40s-50s?

jcmtiger
05-17-2010, 08:23 AM
This looks similar to the problem I had with a basketball trophy. It was broke off from the trophy at the feet. After several attempts to repair, I finally found J.B. Weld which can be used for most metals and anything else. My trophy is from 1953 when I was 13 years old. Not valuable. But the J.B. Weld worked. Just make sure you let it set at least 24 hours before moving the trophy around.

Joe

olsport
05-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Hopefully this will work? Just pulled it out and found out it is later (1962) It's also a little piece of Hewlett Packard history. I can picture engineers getting out there sliderules to calculate the distance of a homerun-LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/foospaul/BASEBALL%20TROPHY/DSC_0280-1-1.jpg

perezfan
05-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Phil...

Here's my closest one. Trouble is that mine's silver, and I believe yours is gold toned. Perhaps Paul's is a better match. Funny that his is a bit more modern and mine is a bit more vintage. Perhaps you already found your match, and it's now a non-issue.

If nothing else, it's interesting to see how the designs subtly evolved over the years...

mjkm90
05-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Mark what is the height of the figural on your trophy?

This is the closest I have , but it's from the 30s
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/mjkm90/IMG_0274.jpg

pgellis
05-21-2010, 05:06 AM
Thanks guys for posting. I did purchase the trophy from Paul and I have already re-assembled my client's trophy and they will be happy with it.

I do think it is interesting to look at other trophies from different decades. Thanks to all for your help.

Thanks Paul for your generosity.

Phil

perezfan
05-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Mark what is the height of the figural on your trophy?

This is the closest I have , but it's from the 30s
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/mjkm90/IMG_0274.jpg

Mike- The fielder stands 9" tall on mine....

Yours is amazing, now that I get a better look at it. Really an exquisite pose... I don't think I have ever seen another one like it. Some quite similar, but not quite as nice. How tall is yours (looks like around 14" in total?)

mjkm90
05-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Yep...14 1/2 overall and 11 on the figure. I'm glad you like it Mark...thanks.

perezfan
05-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Wow... that's impressive... and when it comes to vintage trophies - size DOES matter! :o