PDA

View Full Version : Have You Got Your Stuff From Heritage?

old-baseball
05-06-2010, 04:23 AM
I'm just interested if anybody that has won anything in the last Heritage auction has received the item or at least a notice that it's been shipped. They've had my money in their hands since April 26th (that's not when I sent the money that when the bank has indicated that they were paid) and I haven't heard anything for since then. We're now into business day nine with no indication that it's been shipped. This is not a big item so it doesn't require specialty shipping just a single box with a group of 28 cards. I would have hoped that they would send items as they were paid for and I can't believe that with the auction ending the Thursday before they had my money that I'd be that far back in line. Is two weeks to send out a single box acceptable?

ullmandds
05-06-2010, 05:06 AM
I paid for my card....yes 1 card...immediately...they told me the payment would be processed monday...which will be 2 weeks this coming monday...no word of any kind as of yet.

Robextend
05-06-2010, 06:45 AM
I just got confirmation that my item has been shipped yesterday.

old-baseball
05-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Rob - Did you pay immediately? That is, did they have your payment in hand early last week?

calvindog
05-06-2010, 08:00 AM
For Heritage, I paid by paypal immediately and received my card the following Monday, a week later.

For REA, I sent out my payment by personal check on Monday and received my cards on Tuesday, a day later.

Robextend
05-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Kevin, I actually have to check when I get home from work...this could have been from the auction that ended April 18th...if so, I paid a few days later. Seems like they are way behind on shipping, however I will confirm later on.

glchen
05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Heritage is way behind. I called them on Tuesday. They hadn't shipped my winnings from Apr 18th yet even thought I had paid by e-check on Apr 19th. They said they weren't sure why but said something that even e-checks need 5 day holds. Still they said it was late, and it should be shipped, and they would check on it. Then yesterday, I got an email saying that my winnings from Apr 18th, 22nd, and 25th were all shipped, and I got a tracking number for it. So you might need to bug them.

jhs5120
05-06-2010, 08:45 AM
If you read Heritage's policy statements (yes you should read every policy statement) they reserve the right to sell any sold auction at a BIN!!! So if you "win" a lot for $500 and they were expecting $800 they will probably delay your order so that they can list it on their website for $650! Check the Heritage site now and their will be a link for "Post Auction Buys" for the 2010 April Signature Auction, I guarantee you that anyone who is still waiting for their item currently has it for sale (without even knowing).

http://sports.ha.com/common/search_items.php?Sale_No=717&chkPABS=1

Kawika
05-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Received e-mail from Heritage April 24 stating in part: "To expedite shipment (as appreciation of your established bidder loyalty), this invoice has been shipped on Open Account, without waiting to confirm payment."

Paid them with VISA April 27.

Package actually mailed on April 30 (per USPS 9101 0531 2632 2113 0225 07)

Received package May 4 (Tuesday)

The "expedited shipment" was a humbug but still got here in reasonable time. Paid Memory Lane on April 22 and am still waiting but that's their modus operandi. REA is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It's all good.

botn
05-06-2010, 09:09 AM
As large as Heritage is they need to get a few more folks in the mailing room. My one complaint about them is their incredibly slow processing times.

In contrast, as Jeff already stated, Rob, not having payment, shipped my 20 pounds of winnings via 2 day Fed Ex on Monday. Even Fed Ex knew not to interfere with Rob and delivered the package a day early.

old-baseball
05-06-2010, 09:19 AM
My stuff isn't in post auction buys. If anything I probably overpaid a bit :( (combined with the fact that I have seen yet makes things even worse). I can't imagine that they'd be allowed to accept over $2K in payment from me, sell my lot to someone else and not even tell me about the transaction or refund my money IMMEDIATELY!

oldjudge
05-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm no lawyer (which puts me in the minority) but I would thaink that once Heritage posts an invoice for the item they are precluded from reselling it.

petecld
05-06-2010, 10:37 AM
First of all, "jhs5120" has no clue about what he/she is talking about. All of the items in the "Post-Auction Buys" section are items that were offered in the auction that had reserves (Note: With Heritage, all reserves are revealed in the week prior to the end of the auction.) but were not met. When the auction ends, bidders have a chance to buy these items at the reserve price plus the BP or you can make an offer. Any offer is presented to the consignor and the consignor and only the consignor have the right to accept or refuse. This is the ONLY WAY an item is offered as a Post-Auction buy listing.

Shipping issues: Yes, we do have them. I have already requested an update for everyone in this thread and if anyone else has an issue please contact me directly at peterc@ha.com and I will do what I can.

ullmandds
05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
thanks pete!

T206DK
05-06-2010, 10:57 AM
by registering for Heritage's auctions you are agreeing to their terms and conditions, so in court they might just win. This policy of selling already sold items for more money is a common auctioneers practice ( at least to me it was). I've seen it happen many times at art auctions and antique auctions I've attended. I've bought lots from auctioneers after a phone bidder had already thought they had won a lot. It's a greedy business I'm afraid , and competition is stiff for all these auction houses no matter what record sales they may or may not be having.

This old surfer hippy guy from California I knew in high school used to always say something that at the time made me laugh, but when I thought about it it rings true. He used to always tell me " greed kills, Jiver", "greed kills". He may have been on to something I think.

ullmandds
05-06-2010, 11:27 AM
I left my CC payment over the phone the day after the auction ended...and the woman I spoke to said it would be processed that monday. Never happened...I just called...and paid "again." You may want to call and check on status if peter hasn't already done so for you.

old-baseball
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Thanks to Pete for looking into some of these issues on the shipping. I certainly didn't me for this to degrade into a discussion on "Post Auction Buys". I've bought multiple times from Heritage in the past and this is really the first instance of this issue that I've seen. Hopefully they'll get their immediate issues with shipping taken care of and we'll all get our "stuff" in a timely fashion.

DJR
05-06-2010, 03:00 PM

ullmandds
05-06-2010, 03:15 PM
peter c helped me get my payment straightened out and apparently my card is in the mail. I have little auction house buying experience so I don't know what a reasonable time for shipment is. I guess I was expecting mine "any day now?"

Does this rule:

'21. The Auctioneer or its affiliates may consign items to be sold in the Auction, and may bid on those lots or any other lots. Auctioneer or affiliates expressly reserve the right to modify any such bids at any time prior to the hammer based upon data made known to the Auctioneer or its affiliates.''

mean that the auction house...knowing how high the highest bids placed are...can place bids to help bump prices higher?

T206DK
05-06-2010, 03:41 PM
peter c helped me get my payment straightened out and apparently my card is in the mail. I have little auction house buying experience so I don't know what a reasonable time for shipment is. I guess I was expecting mine "any day now?"

Does this rule:

'21. The Auctioneer or its affiliates may consign items to be sold in the Auction, and may bid on those lots or any other lots. Auctioneer or affiliates expressly reserve the right to modify any such bids at any time prior to the hammer based upon data made known to the Auctioneer or its affiliates.''

mean that the auction house...knowing how high the highest bids placed are...can place bids to help bump prices higher?

I believe I have read similar wording in someone elses fine print too. It sounds like they are basically telling bidders that they might bump prices up by bidding on the stuff themselves. Isn't that the same as shilling, or are they calling it bid modification now

scottglevy
05-06-2010, 04:02 PM
WOW !!

Gee Whiz. Just the fact that an auction house grants themselves the 'right' to essentially shill bids is extremely disturbing. If they actually exercise this right I might have to add Heritage to my auction Hall of Shame .... along with Legendary and Coaches Corner.

-SGL

T206DK
05-06-2010, 04:17 PM
you will never know unless you are an employee whether they utalize this option or not. My hunch is that they wouldn't have this disclaimer unless they intended on shilling their own auctions. then they can say they aren't shilling , they are modifying bids based on article 21 of their auction rules.
I won't be bidding in Heritage auctions after reading their fine print. Why would you bother unless their is a card you absolutley have to buy.

old-baseball
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
If I remember correctly there was another thread on the issue of bidding in there own auctions a couple of months ago. It's certainly a concern but I believe that Heritage (actually Pete) explained it in the previous thread. You may want to search that out. Didn't Heritage send a email note to all bidders at some point in early April stating that if there was a hidden reserve bids would be placed on those lots by 4/15 and not after. I think there intent or at least the way it was stated last time was the the rule was to protect a reserve.

By the way I did receive confirmation that my package did ship today.

T206DK
05-06-2010, 04:38 PM
wasn't that the thread where someone at Heritage admitted that they place bids before the auction starts and then he called it some sort of reserve bid. It's still shilling to me, sorry. I believe Peter had no issue with their policies due to their disclosure. If you don't read the fine print then you get what you deserve. You can assume nothing anymore when major auction houses are concerned. their is too much money too be made and the competition between the larger auctions is stiff. They all want the consignments and in return promise consignors certain results. Placing bids before an auction starts ensures that the consignor will be satisfied ( or at least thats what they hope I guess). It's all about $$ to these auction houses, never forget that.

ullmandds
05-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't have a huge problem if they were placing bids prior to the start of the auction...if this is all they're doing. At least then if I outbid them it's because I was comfortable with that price....but if I've been bidding throughout and then in extended bidding I'm bidding against the house? I'd have a large problem with that!

ullmandds
05-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Well I received my winnings from REA...and I've received my latest ebay winnings...still waiting for my winnings from heritage...perhaps the rains holding things up?

glchen
05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
I received my wins from Heritage yesterday (in CA). These are from the Apr 18, 22, and 25th auctions. I haven't received my REA win yet, but I'm not really expecting them to ship it early for me since this is the first year I've registered and bid for REA, and I just sent the check on Thur.

Exhibitman
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
It's been so long that until I saw this thread I forgot I had stuff to be delivered. They've assured me my items are on the way...

Perhaps on the back of a slow yak driven by a blind man heading in the wrong direction?

Jim VB
05-11-2010, 03:53 PM
It's been so long that until I saw this thread I forgot I had stuff to be delivered. They've assured me my items are on the way...

Perhaps on the back of a slow yak driven by a blind man heading in the wrong direction?

LOL!

Hey, you had other options!

chiprop
05-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Still waiting and I paid the day after the auction. REA delivered 4 days after the auction closed without payment. Heritage blows!