PDA

View Full Version : Fair Price for a T206 SGC30 Cobb off shoulder?

Uriarte69
05-02-2010, 10:02 PM
I've got my heart set on T206 Cobb off shoulder. The back doesn't matter to me. I've been researching like crazy, but I'm having trouble finding a fair price range. Most of the cards on eBay have BIN prices, which I'm sure are too high. This is my first big time purchase, so any advice from you T206 veterans would be greatly appreciated.

I'm seeing this card in my sleep...but don't want to overpay and see it in my nightmares...thanks for your time.

M's_Fan
05-02-2010, 11:10 PM
I would say about in the $700 to $800 range, but it could always be less or more depending on the eye appeal and back.

I actually was thinking of auctioning off this very card soon, send me a PM with your email and we'll talk.

jbbama
05-03-2010, 12:11 PM
$650-$675 is a good/fair price. If you find a nice SGC30 cheaper, jump on it. This Cobby is one of my favorites!

Leon
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
A word of advice. Be patient on this one and wait for one at a good price that has great eye appeal. Since it's your first big purchase it needs to be a really good purchase. If you wait you will find one in the price ranges mentioned and it will have the eye appeal of a grade or two higher. Please just be patient. It will help you in the short and long run. Plus when (if) you go to sell it, it will get more money and be easier to sell. As addicts ourselves we know where you are coming from. Trust me/us!!

donmuth
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM
have been dreaming about a T206 Cobb Bat Off.

I had planned on picking one up about 2 years ago. But then we started on the Dave Ramsey plan and that curtailed the Cobb purchase... and many other card purchases for that matter. It was for the best though.

I still want one, but have to save for it now which has been very hard. I always find another T206 for my set, or some '50s hits to my set needs, or some other something that use up my small monthly card allowance and keeping me from saving up the $800-1000 that I think I need for a decent Cobb.

After May we'll only have our house note left and by the end of the year our emergency fund will be stocked. So maybe this time next year, I'll finally be able to plunk down some cash for one as a birthday present to myself. I had better start to work on convincing the wife now though!

In the meantime, I'll enjoy hearing how it goes for the OP. Good luck!

Matt
05-03-2010, 01:43 PM
You'll find this free site helpful: http://www.t-206.com/

It tracks sale prices of T206s and can be sorted by condition.

Uriarte69
05-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks everyone for their help.

Leon - part of the fun for me is doing the research, bargain hunting and getting the best possible deal. I'm going to enjoy the journey to the card as much as the card itself.

M's Fan - You have PM

Matt - Thanks for that site, I've been looking for something like for awhile. I wish it was more up to date, but it definitely helps

More comments are certainly welcome.