PDA

View Full Version : JSA auto guys,

Ladder7
05-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Okay, Im unfamiliar with the company's procedures.

I'm interested in a cut-sig with a small, oval James Spence siicker on the reverse. I don't doubt the seller's solidity. But, who knows whom he got it from?.

My question, Should there be more? LOA, COA, cert lookup etc?

A simple sticker is inadequate in this hobby's world of scammers.

Grazie,
Steve

gnaz01
05-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Yes, there would have been a letter with a picture showing the holgram/sticker in question matching the number. Should be anyways.

3and2
05-01-2010, 06:42 AM
I believe if the JSA sticker is in black their is no loa. However, if it is in red then it comes w/ a letter or a cert card w/ a #.

drc
05-01-2010, 12:13 PM
That is correct. For cheap autos you can just get a sticker with no # or COA/LOA. Reserved only for inexpensive sigs and you might also have to submit a certain amount.

So it is possible for there to be only a sticker with no serial number, but it would be on a less expensive item-- Not on a Ty Cobb.

Fuddjcal
05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I believe if the JSA sticker is in black their is no loa. However, if it is in red then it comes w/ a letter or a cert card w/ a #.

there is no such thing as a black jsa sticker. I don't know what you are talking about. If the auto is expensive, it is the choice of the owner to put the sticker on the item or on the Letter of Authenticity, if there is one. They have a number on them and you can look them up on their website. The same numbered white sticker is used for their regular service that comes with a matching certificate card. The next type is a jsa "stamp of approval" that has no number and is for flats. it's for less expensive items. the worst type in my opinion are these Lot letters of authenticity, which PSA has stopped using. JSA is one of only two legitimate third party authenticators and from my experience do a real good job. They are prone to stupid mistakes but at least they are not in the "crook" status like Global GAi or whatever they want to call themselves today.

http://www.spenceloa.com/index.asp

3and2
05-01-2010, 09:22 PM
there is no such thing as a black jsa sticker. I don't know what you are talking about. If the auto is expensive, it is the choice of the owner to put the sticker on the item or on the Letter of Authenticity, if there is one. They have a number on them and you can look them up on their website. The same numbered white sticker is used for their regular service that comes with a matching certificate card. The next type is a jsa "stamp of approval" that has no number and is for flats. it's for less expensive items. the worst type in my opinion are these Lot letters of authenticity, which PSA has stopped using. JSA is one of only two legitimate third party authenticators and from my experience do a real good job. They are prone to stupid mistakes but at least they are not in the "crook" status like Global GAi or whatever they want to call themselves today.

http://www.spenceloa.com/index.asp

perhaps, I didn't clarify myself properly, JSA has a white sticker w/ a black Spence logo (his signature is in black) that is a "stamp of approval" that has no number for flats like you said. These are usually for more inexpensive items. There is a another JSA white sticker w/ a red logo (his signature is in red) w/ a cert # on the sticker, plus it's accompanied by a full letter or a card. Only this kind can be looked up on their website.

I agree PSA and JSA are the best 3rd party authenticators. Global or GAI are total trash and have at least 100 fake Mickey Mantle items up on eBay. It is a real disappointment that eBay still lists them as a legitimate authenticator.

Regards,
Anthony

Fuddjcal
05-02-2010, 12:16 PM
it is pretty sickening that e-bay still backs globalGAI garbage. I really would like to know what happened to all the "good" Global Items? it is like they disapeared and only fakes prevailed. You would have a easier time playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than finding an authentic Global item from Mantle Dimag & Williams. Even the Global Koufax's are Horrible forgeries. Never a real Global to be found these days.

E-bay should be doing something about it, but as I understand Global is very close to their security team at least thats what the Nascar (VVVRRRROM) crook has to say about it. The guy reports all the nascar items and has them pulled, while he certifies his fakes and sells them as real.

When I told him that Rusty wallace, carol Yarbourough, Tony Stewart et al, are speckle on mantle's ass, he states he doesn't care. I had to point out to the idiot, that there are 1/2 the mantles as there are in ALL of nascar and that they are all less than $10.00!!!! If he was an actual autheticator, even with a Nascar spin, don't you think he would study mantle and want to get down to the bottom of why there are so many GLOBAL FAKES? He says he doesn't care. He is a boob and that's being nice. Global and e-bay sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G. You get the picture and it's not a pretty one.