PDA

View Full Version : real autographs ?

jross2
04-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Can a few of you guys chime in on the authenticity of these baseball autographs ? Supposed to have been obtained at spring training during the 30,s and early 40's. The original group had all the stars of the day but these were all that was left available by the time I saw them. I paid $30 at the time I bought them, about 15 - 20 years ago. Thank you Jim

perezfan
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Well, it's an odd grouping to forge, but they still look funny to me. They appear to be slowly and very deliberately drawn. Eager to hear what others have to say. I don't know why someone would forge these smaller names (especially in pencil), but the Musial and Bucky Walters sigs definitely don't look kosher.

canjond
04-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Stan the Man. Doesn't look correct at all.

pgellis
04-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Stan Musial is way off --- not real.
Bill Lee? Is that the Spaceman? Wouldn't have been around in the 30's or 40's and if it is the Spaceman, definitely not his autograph.
The other funny thing that I noticed is the "B" in Bill Atwood and the "B" in Buck Walters are the same exact style "B".

Definitely a strange grouping and would say that at least those 4 mentioned above are fakes.

mr2686
04-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm thinking the same thing...a real strange grouping to forge...but they look way off.

J.McMurry
04-30-2010, 04:39 AM
the Bill Atwood looks as if it were signed with a ballpoint pen which would have been highly unlikely in the 30's and early 40's.

MooseDog
04-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Sorry, don't think any of them are good. The Atwood is the only one that's close. Possibly done by a kid copying off a yearbook or baseball cards, not intending to defraud.

The Bill Lee would probably be William Crutcher Lee, not the Spaceman.