PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted re. July Chantilly Show

forazzurri2axz
04-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Do you think there will be as much available since the National is just a few weeks later in the same general area?? Do you think there will be as many people attending as usual for the same reason??? Am considering going but it's a long drive and don't know what to expect (never been there before)

thanks in advance

Bill

bbcard1
04-29-2010, 03:32 PM
I'll go to both, but it's only 4 to Chantilly for me and I am a long-time friend of Marcos.

I think there will be more than enough to drain my card budget. Every now and then you find something really fun at Chantilly. Autographs, if you're into them, will be great and you'll get more time at Chantilly that you ever would at the national.

Jewish-collector
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Bill,

The July Chantilly show is usually the weakest of Marco's shows because it is so close to the National. Of course, the National being in Baltimore this summer will make the Chantilly show even weaker than usual. If you have to decide between the two shows, definately go to the National. Not even a question.

Abravefan11
04-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Bill -

I'm planning on going even though I'm going to the National as well.

There's just been too much good stuff found at this show lately not to.

Now I just have to figure out how to get to the good stuff before Dan McKee. :)

bbcard1
05-01-2010, 10:13 AM
One other thing is that often you are only looking for one card to make a show a great show. If you find it at a mall show, that makes it a great show. I picked up an Ashland Oil Steve Hamilton at Chantilly a couple of shows back...that will keep me coming back for a while. I missed a 1970 Marshall University Media Guide (plane crash year) but I know Kent Garnett has it if he ever gets tired of it. I even got a WFL Jacksonville Sharks program with Reggie Oliver in it (Young Thundering Herd) a couple of shows back. I don't do autos, but Chantilly has become a quality show.