PDA

View Full Version : Ramly Question

ksabet
04-26-2010, 05:04 PM
I have been told I am an idiot but I decided to try my hand at putting a Ramly set together and I have a few questions:

1) Is the set complete without the square frames?

2) Why is the Johnson so expensive is it rarity or just the big name in the set?

3) Is this a set that has a lot of fakes out there?

4) I currently have two cards should I quit now before I regret it?

Thanks

Kiya

cfc1909
04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I posted a thread on these-has got a little attention but I too would like to talk about these a bit maybe give it a day or two and some collectors that have complete sets or most of a set will chime in or any body else that has some good info

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=123087

Leon
04-26-2010, 05:35 PM
I have been told I am an idiot but I decided to try my hand at putting a Ramly set together and I have a few questions:

1) Is the set complete without the square frames?

2) Why is the Johnson so expensive is it rarity or just the big name in the set?

3) Is this a set that has a lot of fakes out there?

4) I currently have two cards should I quit now before I regret it?

Thanks

Kiya

1) If you want a master set then no, it's not complete without the square frames. Most collectors do consider it complete without them.

2) The Johnson is a great looking card and most people consider it his true Rookie....which could be why it's expensive other than he is the top HOF'er in the set (No Matty, Wags, Young or Cobb)

3) There are just as many fakes, reprints etc...as with any other set, imo. I would say that it's probably a bit more difficult to pass off a fake from this set, than some others, as the cards are very ornate and have a lot of the gold coloring that would make them difficult to fake (and really pass off as good).

4)You could try a few subsets of them and, if you don't do the whole set, you still have a some great looking cards. Higher grade cards are expensive but lesser grade ones can be had for under a million dollars. As Bill C noted in another thread, their prices haven't really spiked (except in high grade) as some other sets have (or did). I think it's an undervalued set :).

Hope this helps a little...all just my opinions...others will differ.

barrysloate
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Keep in mind it is probably easier to get the 120 card basic set than it would be to get all six square frames. A couple of them are extremely difficult.