PDA

View Full Version : Last minute reminder

GrayGhost
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
w REA, Mears and many other top auctions going on as we speak, don't forget today is closing day at Coach's Corner Auctions!!!!. Don't let the bargains get away. Thank you for your patronage!:):)

Scott and Lee
Ted and Jeff at Scat Authentic
CC's top authenicator, who just authenticated a Jonah (of Whale fame) signed piece of tree bark, Chris Morales.

http://www.myccsa.com/Browse.aspx

mr2686
04-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Cool, thanks for reminding me. I've been tracking this really great piece over at the CC....It's a TYPE 1 painting of the Mona Lisa by Da Vinci. The great thing is that it's signed and personalized: "To Mike, Mona was a dude!! Best Wishes Leo". Thank goodness that Ted and Jeff say it's good otherwise I'd have my doubts.:D

bigtrain
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Next month's auction features the staff used by Moses when he parted the Red Sea, signed by Moses. When not performing miracles, the great man used it in an early form of baseball, plenty of game use evident.

Robextend
04-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I have a source that says CCs next auction will feature the original Fountain of Youth along with the original Declaration of Independence with a LOA signed by John Hancock and Sam Adams.

D. Bergin
04-23-2010, 10:44 AM
What you guys don't seem to realize is that Scott Bakula is a valuable member of the Coach's Corner staff.

You didn't think "Quantum Leap" technology died with the show, did you?

:)

Lordstan
04-23-2010, 10:45 AM
My favorite item from coaches corner.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/lordstan/Lou/last-supper.jpg

They did some more research on the history. Apparently this picture was at the center of controversy even in Biblical Times.

Research has shown that when Judas was accused of betrayal, He claimed the 30 pieces of silver came from some slightly heavy set guy with a Yankees cap on. The guy was standing outside the restaurant when they all came out after eating supper. Most signed the picture form without pause, Judas resisted. The guy then offered him the silver to sign it, which he accepted.
As you can imagine, the man couldn't be found to prove the story, so Judas took the blame for betraying Jesus.

So we have the first recorded team photo, thefirst recorded autograph hound, and the first time a celebrity signed for a fee.

Pretty significant picture, if you ask me.

:D:D

Ladder7
04-23-2010, 11:35 AM
As a mackeral snapper... I find that image offensive.

(You left out Mary M)

Robextend
04-23-2010, 11:42 AM
1st Steamboat up for auction

FUBAR
04-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I have a source that says CCs next auction will feature the original Fountain of Youth along with the original Declaration of Independence with a LOA signed by John Hancock and Sam Adams.

Was it the one used in National Treasure?? Hopefully Nic Cage doesn't outbid me!

I think the auto picture must be fake... the "j" in Jesus Christ is all wrong..... I bought an auto relic "Shroud of Turin" from them before and it was a completely different "J"

D. Bergin
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
C'mon guys, the ears aren't even close. I think that might be the 64' Mets.

khkco4bls
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM
i hate to be the bearer of bad news but the sigs on the last supper are all club house signatures.

Lordstan
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Steve,
Mackeral snapper?

Jim,
I saw that Shroud of Tourin. I think that one is no good. I've never seen him sign "J Christ" on any other exemplars. I have seen exemplars signed "Jesus", "Christ" and even "J.C." A few I've seen signed with "Son of God" below.
Plus, I think the Shroud only came with a PSA cert. We all know STAT and Morales are waaay more reliable.

Mark

Forever Young
04-23-2010, 05:09 PM
I am beginning to think you all do not believe Coach's corner is legit and it is scaring me.

I paid $47.35 for this bat given to Hercules as a birthday present by his father Zeus which he autographed. Are you saying this is a fake? Do you think the original wrapping paper is bad too???

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad320/weino23/Type%201%20photos/wonderboy.jpg

FUBAR
04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Upon further review, my shroud was signed.. "Your homeboy, J-Crew" wow i was way off! looks like they "nailed" me on this one!

The last supper ones are signed in sharpie!! they must be official!

bigtrain
04-23-2010, 05:34 PM
I hear there is also an autographed sketch of Buddha in catching gear that looks like a young Roy Campanella. Can't wait for the next auction.